W5 Satellite & Hits Channels Mapped in

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I wonder if I can aim the big dish at 105 and get the maps or does it have to be on one of the premium movie muxes like G0 or G5??

I wonder if I can aim the big dish at 105 and get the maps or does it have to be on one of the premium movie muxes like G0 or G5??

I went to G1-3 and did an online rehit with NPS. You may be able to use X4 since hits can be sent there, not sure about maps. Otherwise I would try a premium C band movie channel. If it's not to hard to get to G1 for you do G1-3. I have never had any issues there.

Quality meter is pegged 99 on all W5 channels :) Nice hot bird +15.0 C/N on Diagnostics C screen. That's as good as it get's on the 4DTV. :up

NO MORE Rain or Snow fade...... Woohoo :D

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure maps can be updated on G0 or G1 and X4, the guide only updates on G1.

I just always us G1 regardless, Ice I know you may have LOS issues, but W5 works great for me, no more fading!

The maps are broadcast on any digicipher 2 channel I think, but our 4dtv's are only programmed to get maps from G-1 (G15) tp 3. I could be wrong.

They're mapped in already! Excellent. I thought that it would take Motorola months and months to get the job done. I still see w0kie, Ten Xtsy, and other long-gone channels in my listings, so really would have thought that Motorola would have dragged their feet on this. I guess I'll have to see if I can download the updated maps :)

They're mapped in already! Excellent. I thought that it would take Motorola months and months to get the job done. I still see w0kie, Ten Xtsy, and other long-gone channels in my listings, so really would have thought that Motorola would have dragged their feet on this. I guess I'll have to see if I can download the updated maps :)

It looks like Motorola just added it and didn't clean up anything so far. This could cause an issue with receivers that have been scanning past F1 and F2 in ku mode & having a high TDT count because of that. My TDT was 1701 prior, now it's 1725 not an issue on my end. The magic number is 1920, if anyone is close to this before they download the new maps they will probably end up doing a master reset.

Your 920 will probably need an unplug and reboot on G1-3 to aquire the new maps. The 922 only needs a rehit.

amc 18

on t he 4dtv 922 i dont have a w5 satellite listed ,how do i tunethe newamc 18 satellite in i cant find it

From my knowledge maps are on G-14 G-15 and probably on AMC-10 and 11, only on the DCII premium movie muxes.

Last edited:
I just always us G1 regardless, Ice I know you may have LOS issues, but W5 works great for me, no more fading!

If I put the dish on the deck I'm fine. LOS on the deck is from 89-111 ;)

To get the channel maps I'll have to wheel the dish out in front of the garage

Is there any offficial news on the DSR410 ability to download AMC18 now that this has happened? I checked my Dad's the other day and the software was still the same at 00114.

Patience, grasshopper (reference Kung Fu old wise man)
410 receivers will be remapped in their own time.
No pressing need for it to happen immediately,
and since details have not yet been worked out by the programmers,
do not expect it right away.

Some of the details managed by the devil--who is into all details
include the fact that HITS is moving from a Galaxy series satellite
operated by Hughes/Intelsat to an AMC satellite owned by SES Americom.
This may possibly affect the eventual cost of channels purchased by
3rd party resellers, due to a change in satellite operators. Every channel
deal must be re-negotiated with HITS and the programmers, so while
there is a simulcast already on the air, individual channels still have to
be cleared one by one, and it will not happen in an instant.

It won't even be spring for another three weeks, so be patient.
T's need to be crossed and I's need to be dotted first.

Are you people with subs actually able to view these channels? Reason I ask is that I subbed my 922 for a month, but my western view is obstructed somewhat on my six footer to get a reliable signal from anything west of 123. I have mapped in the W5 tile and would like to sub again because I max out signal on AMC18.So if I sub again and lock on G% to get the hit can I switch to W5 and watch?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts