W5 Satellite & Hits Channels Mapped in

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Damn......another one to remember!!!!:rolleyes:

Is there a trick to adding this one? I have attempted to do as I have with all of the others, but it won't take it. It keeps reverting back to the previous satellite.

I called Motorola Support. I am on the call back list due to a back log of callers. That tells me that I am not the only one having the problem.

I then called Skyvision and talked to one of their geinus' and he gave me two options 1) do a factory reset (that is the last resort) 2) the ever popular unplug it for a minute and wait for an hour.

I am now going to do some couch time waiting for Motorola to call back or an hour goes by, which ever come first.

If anyone knows how to do this, please let me know.

I've invested 3 hours trying to make this happen, with no results. I am not doing a factory reset, looks like Mama's gonna lose these channels.

Last edited:
Jim, have you tried going to G1 (preferably channel 3, but 150 or 100 digital should work) and doing an unplug/replug and let it boot up...?
The 922 should do it on it's on, if you are on one of the digital movie channels for a short while, but the 920 may have to be rebooted...?

I slapped W5 on last night, I went to W1 hit options 6-4-4 and went west, if you don't have W5 in your main programming menu go to G1-3 for a minute, if you still don't see it look at your tdt count.

I slapped W5 on last night, I went to W1 hit options 6-4-4 and went west

It's on the satellite chart. I went to F1, then east. I have an idea where it's because I have AMC 15 stored, I go to the AMC15 position, hit enter to select satellite and it pops back to F1.

It only took about 20 minutes for Motorola to call, which is good for them and they told me to do option 2. So it's back to the couch for about another 35 minutes.

I really don't care about these channels, these are the ones Mama hogs the dish watching all weekend. There are some gaggers in this mux. When I told her they were changing satellites she told me she didn't time for that right now :shh. So when they are gone from X4 I am going to play dumb for for a day or so. That's always fun when something like this happens. :D

Yes, anything you bought on X4 will work on W5.

But for the 922 i was wondering if I ordered the discovery package would I be able to view it on W5. It was not available on the X4 package. I guess what I am saying is if it is available on say G5 and I order it and W5 carries the same channell can I watch it on W5?

W5

I got a rehit with my 922, and W5 is mapped in the right spot, but when I hit enter, it goes back to the same screen ( Press enter on the sat you want to add/delete.)I will try a reboot!

Last edited:
well I tried it today with the 6 footer.

had to pull out the analog box to tune in Classic Arts then hooked up the 905 and tuned to Starz

3.6 on Ebno but in 5 minutes I had W5 :)

Ghetto moved dish to AMC1 and locked in TLN on the Pansat. Then moved dish west until signal gone and hooked up 905. Ebno was at 3.5 but tweaked on audio to 8.0

Most channels between +7.2 & 8.0

So on a 6 footer solid dish that isn't bad. Most other channels on 4DTV with the 6 footer are around the 4.5 to 5.5 :)

I did a factory reset today and got W5 installed. Sad thing about it was it took me longer to get my s**t togather trying to remember what to do than it took to do it. Anyway, thanks to every one who offered their valued opinion. And I mean that sincerely.:)

well I tried it today with the 6 footer.

had to pull out the analog box to tune in Classic Arts then hooked up the 905 and tuned to Starz

3.6 on Ebno but in 5 minutes I had W5 :)

Ghetto moved dish to AMC1 and locked in TLN on the Pansat. Then moved dish west until signal gone and hooked up 905. Ebno was at 3.5 but tweaked on audio to 8.0

Most channels between +7.2 & 8.0

So on a 6 footer solid dish that isn't bad. Most other channels on 4DTV with the 6 footer are around the 4.5 to 5.5 :)

Good to know W5 works well with a 6 foot. I know someone that is interested in doing a 6 foot for the HITS stuff in a couple months. I will give him the report. BTW ICE what feed & LNB are you using on that 6 foot Fortec?

No one has contacted me in regard to this officially. I'm curious if they ever will. It will require new receiver software. The only selection is for X4 in the menu. I see no reason why the receiver couldn't handle it.

When it goes away on X4 June 1st, my Dad's will go idle. I offered Skyvision to be a C band test household using my spare 6' dish with the 410. At that point they didn't know what the future would bring.

I don't imagine their subscription base for a dsr-410/6 foot dish system would be any better than the number of subs for 4dtv.

I guess to them it may not be worth paying the fees for I.T. people to re do the software.
Would be cool if the IF frequencies would line up between the c-band tp's on W5 and the pre existing IF's of ku band that existed on X4. You could theoretically hook it up to c-band and voila! as long as the IF's and S/R's matched you would have reception. Since the lnb LO's just equate to IF, it is theoretically possible.

actually some of the IF frequencies do line up :)
checking lyngsat found this (W5 shows HD TP's...I'm not counting those)

X4 IF frequency

W5 IF frequency

My curiousity strikes again, can this receiver be tweaked into trying other DCII stuff that is up there? Or the megapipe feeds?

I think if your using the same symbol rate, FEC & transponder you could point it at a FP channel and get it. As far as megapipe... no way. The 905 can do alot more then the 410 can.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts