CSR and DTV Woes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jammon

Original poster
Apr 10, 2006
Original install in May of 05, Two standard units, and HR10-250. Had to pay an extra 100 dollars for installation to the technician’s company who did the install, (not to directTV) Because I did not purchase the HR10-250 from them. I could have had two additional standard receivers installed for free, and then deactivated with the HR10 arrived. (I had to purchase from another source do to a credit I had with an electronics retailer, and at the time, was 899.00 which is what I paid. )

I live in zip code 61024 which is the Rockford Illinois local market. At the time of install, Rockford channels were not available via DirecTV. The local Cable Company carries both the Rockford Illinois Local Channels, as well as Madison Wisconsin Locals.

I contacted DirecTV and told them the local cable company carried both Rockford and Madison local channels, and requested the Madison Wisconsin locals, as it did not matter to me which locals I had, as long as I had them. The rep I spoke to gave me a separated physical and mailing address, and set me up for Madison Local Channels.

On Sunday, April 2, 2006, I started to experience issues with the HR10-250, extreme slowness, dropping of frames, and the receiver would restart intermittently. Being one of a technical mind, I had researched this in various forums, (including AVS). I know there to be issues with this receiver due to design that may cause you to have to reset the receiver and loose all your programming, although this is usually related to system slowness, and if the system restarts itself, it most likely is terminal. The thought of loosing all the recorded programs due to poor equipment design (the hr10 uses the same processor of earlier non HD Tivo’s, and is part of the reason that DirecTV has not upgraded the software on the HR10 as it is to slow to handle the new features). Was not very palatable, but I did not have a choice in the matter. I had been careful to follow recommendations (provided by various helpful forum posts, not by DirecTV) , and did not keep much HD (less than 10 hours) content on the system.

Upon contacting DirecTV technical support on Monday, April 3, I was told that I would have to do a complete reset of the system. This took some doing as at this point the receiver even on restart took 5-6 minutes to change menus. I was told this would take 3-4 hours (even though the screen says this should take about an hour). I already new from reading the forums that this would not solve the issue. I should mention that I have from day one purchased and paid for the 7.99 per month protection plan. After several more calls to DTV Technical support, and getting plenty of misinformation, (kept getting pushed off that the reset can take more time, but we are now 48 hours into the process). A CSR on Wednesday evening placed on order she asked me to confirm my shipping address, and I had to restated that it Was in Durand IL and Not Monroe Wisconsin. I was told that I would have the receiver on Monday, I now have not had HD content or DVR service for over a week.

Upon Checking of the Status of the order on Monday April 10 I found the following:
Order Confirmation Number: 24168143
Account Number:
Service Address:
JON
DURAND, IL 61024
Description Unit Price Quantity Price
Recovery Kit/Air Bill
Item Canceled $0.00 1 $0.00
NEW_D10 Group
Item Canceled

I found out not only had the order been cancelled but the CSR put in a standard receiver instead of the HDDVR!

I contacted DirecTV again this morning, To get this straightened out. Two phone calls and an hour and a half later this is still not resolved and I have lost my local channels to boot.

In early winter, DirecTV started to carry Rockford channels. Of course, I was not contacted regarding this information. Apparently, the CSR that had ordered the replacement on Wednesday also dropped the ball in several areas, wrong equipment etc. I was not even contacted to let me know that the order had been cancelled.

When the order 24245496 was put into the system, with the proper shipping address, the local channel I had now disappeared, and had message 721 on the screen. I informed the CSR I was speaking to of this, and he said he could not help me, at that time I requested to speak to a supervisor or customer retention, he said he would transfer me, I sat on hold for 20 minutes before hanging up and calling back.

I finally reached a rep who was helpful, and was told I could no longer get Madison channels because Rockford is now carried on DTV

The rep had to transfer me to someone who could assist in getting me an additional Dish to receive Rockford channels, because Rockford channels are now offered. And they changed my physical address, I have now lost all local channels, and I need an additional DISH to receive the Rockford channels as they are on a separate satellite. ON the second call this morning, I was transferred 5 times, and the last CSR promised me a call back as she could not pull up my account. This was at 8:44 CST, well over an hour ago. Her rep number is 10037227.

I now have no local channels, no DVR, no HD channels and no call back. My 1 year commitment expires early next month.

I edited out your street address for privacy and safety reasons.

I also edited out his last name and account number.

I continue to be amused that anyone who has had D* for very long expresses either surprise or outrage at receiving horrible customer nonservice from D*, especially since NewCorps' takeover.

It's sort of like being indignant that the sun rose from the East this morning-you know it's gonna happen, so just get ready for it.

Did anyone else catch THIS point:

jammon said:
The rep I spoke to gave me a separated physical and mailing address, and set me up for Madison Local Channels.

Never heard of a CSR volunteering to do this. Assuming this IS true, so much for D* caring about subs "moving" to get other locals... :confused: ;)

dishrich said:
Did anyone else catch THIS point:

Never heard of a CSR volunteering to do this. Assuming this IS true, so much for D* caring about subs "moving" to get other locals... :confused: ;)

my guess was that either he got a very fresh out of traning i.e hired the day before and dident realize the no no, or someone that was quitting and dident give 2 shi*s if they got in trouble for it.

and yes im speaking from experience when i did tech support for verizon online dsl.

I don't know what has happened to Directv but they better be prepared to loose alot of customers for so many reasons, I have had them for almost four years and the customer service used to be awesome, now it seems as they don't care and as usual each CSR has different knowledge, until only a month ago I had never had a rude CSR now I get them nearly every time I have to call in...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)