CSR Experience

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cditty

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
Northeast Louisiana
Well, went the usual 80 miles to help my folks with their Directv Receiver Swap. My folks are in an unusual situation (I've posted it before). They only see 101 and that is all they have LOS to.

Got the proper advice on here (thank you) on how to do receiver setup.

Great signal, called to activate. Extremely bitchy woman tells me 'Well if you parents aren't going to get HD and do an install for a new Dish, you need to send those boxes back and get SD boxes'. I calmly told her my parents were in their late 80's and are not patient with these things (in fact, they almost cancelled over the last time, when 3 installers NEVER showed on 3 different days). I kept my cool and told her to please send me to tech support, so I could figure out which receiver they needed (I didn't mean that, I just wanted to be away from her).

Got a real sweetie on the tech side. I asked her if she could just activate the HD receiver for them on their grandfathered SD package and told her that they would just switch to the newly available cable if she did not (Never had cable in that area until a couple of weeks ago).

She was so nice, got everything activated and gave me the remote codes for the TV's... Sidenote, why send me new remotes, but no codes?

So, one bitch and one excellent, cheerful lady today. I wish I could praise the tech support woman. I kept hoping for a call back survey. I'm not a fan of Directv. I have never had good customer service with them and have spent 3 long days waiting for their techs to come to my parents house with not as much as a call.

It is nice that Direct has some bright stars that are polite and helpful. It gives me hope. Folks are happy. I didn't tell them about the drama.

Thank you to all who told me how to select the proper dish setup. The 24 is a wonderfully fast receiver.

Chris

Well, went the usual 80 miles to help my folks with their Directv Receiver Swap. My folks are in an unusual situation (I've posted it before). They only see 101 and that is all they have LOS to.

Got the proper advice on here (thank you) on how to do receiver setup.

Great signal, called to activate. Extremely bitchy woman tells me 'Well if you parents aren't going to get HD and do an install for a new Dish, you need to send those boxes back and get SD boxes'. I calmly told her my parents were in their late 80's and are not patient with these things (in fact, they almost cancelled over the last time, when 3 installers NEVER showed on 3 different days). I kept my cool and told her to please send me to tech support, so I could figure out which receiver they needed (I didn't mean that, I just wanted to be away from her).

Got a real sweetie on the tech side. I asked her if she could just activate the HD receiver for them on their grandfathered SD package and told her that they would just switch to the newly available cable if she did not (Never had cable in that area until a couple of weeks ago).

She was so nice, got everything activated and gave me the remote codes for the TV's... Sidenote, why send me new remotes, but no codes?

So, one bitch and one excellent, cheerful lady today. I wish I could praise the tech support woman. I kept hoping for a call back survey. I'm not a fan of Directv. I have never had good customer service with them and have spent 3 long days waiting for their techs to come to my parents house with not as much as a call.

It is nice that Direct has some bright stars that are polite and helpful. It gives me hope. Folks are happy. I didn't tell them about the drama.

Thank you to all who told me how to select the proper dish setup. The 24 is a wonderfully fast receiver.

Chris

No codes sent, of course not, they have no idea what TV's and audio system you may be using.
Remember, the remotes usually will be able to handle your A/V system as well as a DVR if you choose to play around with the devices to program them.

Typically, depending on the remote and recvrs used, there will be a "Program Remote" tab, it will either ask you what TV your using and program it once you tell it, or it will give you the codes and the how to on the screens.

Very unusual that they can get a good signal on 101 but not 99/103 for HD, they are so close. With slimline-3 you don't need 110/119.

Remember remote codes are stored in your receiver too, it can search by model or just by brand.

No codes sent, of course not, they have no idea what TV's and audio system you may be using.
Remember, the remotes usually will be able to handle your A/V system as well as a DVR if you choose to play around with the devices to program them.

Typically, depending on the remote and recvrs used, there will be a "Program Remote" tab, it will either ask you what TV your using and program it once you tell it, or it will give you the codes and the how to on the screens.

Jimbo, I know they don't know, but they should have sent a booklet, which is what I meant in my post.

Or at least a leaflet that tells me the controls are in the receiver. I don't use Directv personally.

On the LOS, it is unusual, but true. There is a tiny whole between two limbs I get 101 through. Now, in winter I can get them all, but those are super tall pine trees with lots of history. They are not getting chopped down.

In the spring, I can only get 101. As a matter of fact, when the trees grow, they lose one of their local's. Not enough signal to the antenna. Once again, that channel is great in fall/winter.

Can you move the dish closer to the trees? That would open up the field of view.

Jimbo, I know they don't know, but they should have sent a booklet, which is what I meant in my post.

Or at least a leaflet that tells me the controls are in the receiver. I don't use Directv personally.

On the LOS, it is unusual, but true. There is a tiny whole between two limbs I get 101 through. Now, in winter I can get them all, but those are super tall pine trees with lots of history. They are not getting chopped down.

In the spring, I can only get 101. As a matter of fact, when the trees grow, they lose one of their local's. Not enough signal to the antenna. Once again, that channel is great in fall/winter.

There is a setup screen for the TV/Device codes.
Just go into the setup menu and follow the steps.

I have been so pleasantly surprised by the great attitudes I have found when I have called D. They have all seemed to be the nicest, friendliest and most helpful folks I have run into for any type of cable/TV service. Coming from Comcast, it has been such a breath of fresh air. Sorry you had a bad experience. But unfortunately, one bad experience can spoil a reputation for all.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)