CSR here to help

pblizz67

Original poster
Dec 12, 2007
Hi all, New to the sight, alot of knowledge out there, nice to see. any questions out there i would be happy to answer them from the standpoint of customer service. Hope to hear from you soon

oh my. Be kind everyone. :D Oh I love Dish Network online chat for customer service. :) No buttons to press to find a real person. ;)

as far as local markets go as soon as they are given to us in hd we will give them to the customer that way, if you know your locals are in HD, try calling your local affiliate and ask them why they wont give them to us that way

FYI, Dish doesn't announce channel additions to their employees any earlier than they announce to the public. Unless the employee works directly for programming and is privy to the contract negotiations, then no one below the executive office knows for sure when/if a specific channel will be added. They keep things as tight with employees as they do the general public, so anything announced outside Dish Network directly is just speculation.

Hi all, New to the sight, alot of knowledge out there, nice to see. any questions out there i would be happy to answer them from the standpoint of customer service. Hope to hear from you soon

Pblizz67,

Be very careful on any forums you participate on.
Dish has fired employees for certain things they have scribed!!!!

fred

What options do I have to give my mom a DVR and pay for a year of DVR service as a christmas gift? I've called a few times trying to get her the 510 deal that Charlie mentioned on the last chat, but have been told that it would be a lease and that I couldn't pay for it in advance.

Thanks!

As to CSR knowledge of impending stuff, Sometimes they do know and sometimes they don't.

I have no connection to Dish whatever other than being a customer, and I am about 90% certain through contacts in the racing and programming/advertising community that Dish will carry Speed HD within a week of Launch in February. D* and E* might be the ONLY places one can get Speed in HD for a considerable time, and I would expect with the tie ins with NASCAR and all that it would be silly for E* not to carry Speed HD on launch and it would be silly for them not to heavily promote that fact.

So I can believe they would want their CSRs to be able to answer that question affirmatively.

Also consider that Dish was an early adopter of sister channels National Geographic HD (long before D*) and Big Ten Network and early adoption of Speed HD makes sense (all three are either distributed or outright owned by Fox).

I have another story about CSR precognition, although the dates escape me. I was calling about pricing options for a second receiver and I asked about Comcast SportsNet Chicago HD, and she told me it would be launched in the next batch of channels (might have been either the TBS launch of the History channel, or Big Ten Network, I don't recall). Anyway, she was right.

She was also very straightforward about plans for local channels in HD other than the Big four networks. Essentially, the answer there was "Don't hold your breath" unless congress or the FCC mandates PBS carriage.

This was helpful because if pushed me off the couch and onto the roof to install an antenna. By the way, PBS over the air HD is stunning for most things.

Last edited:
as far as local markets go as soon as they are given to us in hd we will give them to the customer that way, if you know your locals are in HD, try calling your local affiliate and ask them why they wont give them to us that way

My local NBC and CBS stations are in HD and claim that they have given Dish permission to carry the HD feed, but Dish still doesn't have it. There must be more to it than what you say here.

Pblizz67,

Be very careful on any forums you participate on.
Dish has fired employees for certain things they have scribed!!!!

fred

That's good advice for any E* employees on here. I might recommend just giving advice and info, without identifying yourself as an employee.

Besides, there was one guy on here who started every post with "I'm a dish network installer..." and people learned real quick when they saw that phrase starting a post, the rest of it was going to be useless. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts