CSR here to help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
as far as local markets go as soon as they are given to us in hd we will give them to the customer that way, if you know your locals are in HD, try calling your local affiliate and ask them why they wont give them to us that way

Not to sound mean...but if you are a CSR you're either lying or as clueless as everyone we've talked to for over 2 years regarding HD LIL. Dish has told us we would have them within a couple months for over 2 years and they've been available and up on DirecTV.

Not to sound mean...but if you are a CSR you're either lying or as clueless as everyone we've talked to for over 2 years regarding HD LIL. Dish has told us we would have them within a couple months for over 2 years and they've been available and up on DirecTV.
You are correct the HD locals are in dish's control and I am seeing a big push for them come 2008 they are suppose to light up alot of locals.. I will get some more ideal figures tommorrow about how many and when but dish is being very vague.

ZERO I know my job and I know it well and thats all i wish to talk about on this site. What I do well I do not understand why you seem so spiteful and act like your on some pedestal I am here to help if you feel I am misinforming then correct me. I assure you it wont happen though.

I'm not on a pedestal, I'm on a chair. And while you're taking the moral high ground, everything said previous still holds true.

Regarding HD, the most current information is being held until CES or so the rumors go. Summit is always a big announcement arena, but usually there's a few breadcrumbs before then. As far as two posts up goes, take any HD information provided with a grain of salt as the public is typically informed first...

My local NBC and CBS stations are in HD and claim that they have given Dish permission to carry the HD feed, but Dish still doesn't have it. There must be more to it than what you say here.
Where I live, Directv has offered the locals in HD for over six months. It is not about permission, it is about money and bandwidth. If Dish were to eliminate all the rarely watched channels there might be room for our locals. Until Dish puts up more satellites, do not expect to see all the locals in HD or any improvement in picture quality (including HD). That will probably happen after Charlie Ergen pays all his lawyer bills!

pblizz67,

I originally posted this in the general forum and sent a note to Dish technical support but am not receiving any responses. If there is another route I should take, please advise me accordingly.

I have VIP-622 and VIP-625 receivers and recently, over the last month or so, both began experiencing pixilation and audio drop-outs on three different TV's. It only seems to happen on local channels (Satellite 119).

I recorded some examples to demonstrate the problem to my local installer and he suspected a defective
LNB.

When a different CSR came to replace the LNB's and I showed him the problem, he said he had seen the same symptoms about 100 times before and it was due to a bad software update and Dish was working on it, but would not have a fix for a couple of weeks. He replaced all the coax connectors while he was at my home
but said replacing the LNB's would not provide the fix needed.

After reading other posts in this forum re. the TIVO lawsuit, I suppose it could make sense if the software update was the code intended to get around the infringing aspects of that suit.

I am currently running software L463 on the 625 and L449 on the 622. Signal strength is in the 75-78 range on Satellite 119.

Are others experiencing the same problem and is the only solution to wait for Dish to fix the problem and hope for the best?

Please close this thread, as the guy is no longer here, and from the "accuracy" of his predictions, it seems doubtful that he was even a CSR to begin with.

PS Broadband Reports site software won't even allow posts on old threads, just because of bringing up to the top these old discussions that seem relevant until suddenly you notice the date. :(

FYI IF dish finds you are posting here, you WILL get fired.. well if you post without their concent. I luckily dont work for them anymore , I work for alltel. hehe better paying job.

but yeah watch out.. dont disclosr where you are from and what call center.

well i got the experience from them.. but after seeing how the other companies work.. dish is defenetly NOT the place to work.. theya re some stingy fakkers LOL

LOL @ ert agents making less than 12 dllrs an hr

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts