CSR Questioning a "Move"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Let me start by saying I'm a mover and not ashamed to admit to it.
I receive one set of locals and pay the asking price.

In reguard to the topic of whether or not Dish Network can determine if your set -up is installed at a particular location without a phone hooked up, they sure can.

In the past, if your so called location was a white area which was being used to receive distant networks, Dish Network with the use of the Location ID Number could and still can, from the audit department, determine if your receiver is located under that area spot beam signal. Each spot beam can be used to send a unique ID number to a unique receiver. If your receiver is not under that spot beam, you cannot report back that number to the audit cops.
If you are in an area that receives two or more spotbeams and that does happen, and you want to receive locals from any one of them, Location ID Numbers cannot prevent you from saying my equipment is located there. :eek:

Dish has to know that this is going on, but is it their burden to police this activity? The customer is misleading dish against their agreement, but they are paying customers. If the audit police choose to ask my location ID (I did not know this value was derived from spotbeams), I could say the receiver is in my RV and I am not at home now, if they ever call. If there is ever a suspicion, I can lie and say that the address change was a mistake and I never lived at xxx, or that "I moved xx years ago and dish never changed it back" Are they going to make a stink about this for a customer who pays 1200.00 a year for service.

It sucks that we have to actively mislead DISH to get programming we are willing to pay for. I personally don't care where my locals come from, but my wife will come down hard on me if she cannot watch Survivor/CSI, etc on an east feed an hour earlier than my OTA. I would rather DVR it and watch it without the commercials and save the 20 minutes per hour of my life for something else, although it is nice to have a set in an alternate timezone for those record CBS/record ABC/watch LOCAL cases.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)