Csr Roulette

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
I have a dead 501, I called the dealer I got it from to see what I needed to box up with it to send it to get fixed... he told me to try E* to see what they said and he did the same. I called tech, and was told that for 36.96$ I could give my CC # and they would send one out and I would send the dead one in... O.K. like a dumb*** I hung up and called my dealer, he said jump on it. I call back get a tech csr named Tim he tells me to hook it up and jump thru the hoops for him while they trouble shoot it... I tell him IT wont find a satellite (I hooked it up yesterday and tried again to my dpp44, It has been tried bypassing the dpp hooked directly to the dpp quad, it has been tried with legecy lnbs... the sucker is dead!) and he's telling me that I have to activate it which everyone knows incurrs a 5$ fee for change...Grrrr I called again got a different tech, this one said that it would not have to be activated...but still It is boxed up ready to go home... I told him to forget it that I would rather pay 299$ for a D* receiver than have this one fixed... I will probably hook it up-call E* again and see what new ring of the circus I have to jump thru... this 501 might end up being taken apart and the drive being used in a pc the rest sledgehammered....:) Moral of story if you get a good CSR, get his name and try to get him back...

O.K. I cooled off a little bit, hooked the 501 up and called and got a nice lady who deduced that my 501 was dead... I have one on the way for 67.95$ she did not have a clue where the 36 $ offer I got from the first CSR came from...(should have jumped on that!) I could not upgrade to a 508, but no problem, this 501 will be for camping and I can retire my old and sloooooooow 2700 (which I rarely use as I end up taking my 6000u or using my D* receiver)no extra hard drive today... still folks remember if you get a deal from a csr that sounds too good to be true, jump on it. Their Bad not yours...:)

dfergie said:
O.K. I cooled off a little bit, hooked the 501 up and called and got a nice lady who deduced that my 501 was dead... I have one on the way for 67.95$ she did not have a clue where the 36 $ offer I got from the first CSR came from...(should have jumped on that!) I could not upgrade to a 508, but no problem, this 501 will be for camping and I can retire my old and sloooooooow 2700 (which I rarely use as I end up taking my 6000u or using my D* receiver)no extra hard drive today... still folks remember if you get a deal from a csr that sounds too good to be true, jump on it. Their Bad not yours...:)
You are really really getting ripped off!!! Put the 501 on your account, I assume it isn't from your post, then sign up for the DHPP at $5.99/Mo. and get your 501 replaced when you get it back and it is working cancel the DHPP. DHPP is Digital Home Protection Plan DISH'S latest extended warranty. :) :) :)

when you talk to a dish csr, before you start your conversation, ask them for their name and cust service id number (a three digit number/letter) . write it down, with the date you called and approximate time. this has helped me out before. credit to scott on this one.

korsjs said:
when you talk to a dish csr, before you start your conversation, ask them for their name and cust service id number (a three digit number/letter) . write it down, with the date you called and approximate time. this has helped me out before. credit to scott on this one.
Good idea... as for boba's I should but if I add 1 more rec.(do not want to kill 2700 yet as I can watch it in the camper if both of my hd rec. are tied up ) It might rock the boat and they might require a landline...I have never had E* receivers hooked to them and since I eliminated ppv D* did not require... I got Hi speed wireless internet last summer so the only reason I had land line was internet... no landline no more:)

322 also requires landline to avoid the extra $5/month charge.

I don't remember, but more than 6 receivers on an account might make someone want to push for landline, too.

Overall, I think you'll be OK, tho.

Thanks... It (new one) came in about 45 minutes ago got it hooked up temp to 6000u's input from power inserter of dpp44 showed all four sats. (148, 119,110 and 61.5) downloading info now, will call E* and have turned on in a few minutes...:) btw only receiver came, no uhf antenna, no remote and only a few sheets of instructions... Update... got it turned on reprogramed old remote, wont scroll up so will have to get another one of those...pretty good pq on my X1 thru s-video...:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts