CSR says Voom is down nationwide?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dvlos

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 5, 2004
Is this true it's close to 10am eastern time, was trying to watch the whole Good, Bad, The ugly movie for the 3rd attempt, and it blanks out, sat signal goes to 0.. CSR said Voom is down at her office as well.. is everyone experiencing this? :confused:

VOOM satellites dead?

My satellite stations just went off. No signal. Just me? There are no heavy clouds. They froze a few times first and then went away.

Let me know.

The sun seems to be in another direction than the dish is pointing. It is still freezing intermittently.

Lost Satellite signal

Hello everyone anyone else lose all satellite signal saturday morning at 10am.. I am in Michigan with a sun filled cloud free sky, this is the first time this has happened to me.. Maybe I am not the only one and Voom is just working on the system.. Cya Slick

yeah - remnants of Ivan rolling through NY area - their uplink facility must be having LOS issues

Well I got it back, saw the rest of The good, The Bad, and the Ugly... great flic, such a classic, time to bring in some other great westerns like Fistful of Dollars.

topicsmerged.png

Had the same problems in Detroit during Good, Bad, Ugly - glad to hear it wasn't just me. Was kinda worried! Seems good now. Maybe I'll get a break in football and can try Eastwood again.

Went down this morning in San Antonio as well. Off the air for a while. Had breakfast and it was back. Must have turned off something important at control.

Coffee Spill.

I haven't turned the TV on all day so I didn't see the problem this morning. But last night after midnight I was seeing 1-2 second dropouts on all channels every 30 seconds or so. Makes me wonder what Voom is doing.

Bob

ram1220 said:
I haven't turned the TV on all day so I didn't see the problem this morning. But last night after midnight I was seeing 1-2 second dropouts on all channels every 30 seconds or so. Makes me wonder what Voom is doing.

Bob
Haven't turned on the tv all day?!? :confused: I don't understand. Is it broken? Is your power out? Are you sick? :p

I also have a C-BAND BUD and CNN was also off at that same time. So I am guessing that something happened with uplink

Here too, we did have bad clouds and all way east, so I figured that was it. Even though, for some time now, voom never has rain fade here. So I was surprised, but didnt know just how bad the storms were way east. So I'm glad it was them and not cloud/rain fade. I have been getting 94-96 sig even in the heaviest rains, so I'm just glad it was them. I'll forgive them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)