CSR Tips Tricks and promo codes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kevinwalton

Original poster
Sep 5, 2007
Since most of us have had immense experience with Dtv customer service. Do you have any tips, tricks, or promo codes to share?

be nice, don't complain about stupid stuff, and you'll usually get what you want

I wish there was a code for NFL Sunday Ticket...or at least a way to get it discounted to first time subs.

There is, every season. You buy the NFL ST and get the prem pack free for 4 mos (or thats what it was/ may be dead offer now) They usually die after the 1st week or so.

Saves $520 "Here's your sign!"

DIRECTV - Best Offer

Last edited:
Actually if you call in and don't already have the Sunday Ticket ask for the new customer offer and you'll get it. The CSRs have been told they can add it to existing accounts that don't have it already to increase NFL ST sales.

I currently have CATV and am thinking of switching to Dtv. My only reservation is that I currently have 3 HD DVR's. $199 isnt bad for 1 HD DVR, but even if I go with 2 HD DVR's it will be $500. I called Dtv earlier but they wouldnt give me a deal. Any ideas?

i just got off the phone with retention...told them i was mad because i paid full price for NFL ST and superfan and they offer my premier free for 4 months with purchase, they just gave the premier free for 4 months (i've had service since february.) he didn't really give me much trouble about getting that, but he wouldn't give me a free hd dvr for my bedroom so easily. i guess i'll have to call back another person for that.

ahh those little weasels! i just realized that i've been paying ~$20 a month for sunday ticket since march and i'm not getting any of that back!

Just got off the phone and was told that the best they can do for me is a $10 credit for 12 months. Considering the new customer deal and the fact that we're in week 3 of the season, they'll need to do a little better than that.

When i called in to possibly get a new service, as soon as i hemmed and hawed, they went and started to offer the incentives.

I also told the sales rep that i had to discuss it with my wife who was sleeping. This was not untrue, but as soon as i said it he said "well then maybe i can do this to further convince HER" and added:

$10 off for 10 months.
Free NFL sunday ticket for 4 months
Free Nascar premier (if i wanted it)
HD DVR without me having to pay $200 at the time of sign up (i didnt have $200 to spend when i called in)

that was the best i could do.

I currently have CATV and am thinking of switching to Dtv. My only reservation is that I currently have 3 HD DVR's. $199 isnt bad for 1 HD DVR, but even if I go with 2 HD DVR's it will be $500. I called Dtv earlier but they wouldnt give me a deal. Any ideas?

Get one now and they will discount another one 6 months from now.
So get 1 HD dvr and whatever regular rec's you need, HD or SD and get the others when the time comes that you are eligable for more discounts.

My recommendation would be make sure you pay your bills, have your account in good standing for at least 6 months and request an upgrade for something you are not happy about. Be nice, be honest and ask to cancel if you are not happy. I just received free 12 mos DVR and HD service and a free HD DVR and Slimline upgrade. I truly wasn't happy about something.

Now, here is my current problem. They came to install the new dish and told me they couldn't mount it on my 2nd story tripod and the locations on my roof without the tripod resulted in no signal for the 119, therefore he wouldn't install and he wouldn't leave the HD DVR. "Supervisors" are supposed to stop by tomorrow.

My question for anyone who knows: I may really want to cancel now, especially since they won't leave the DVR and I can't get the new channels anyway. The DVRs they just sent me have some tremendous bugs, so I would like to send them back. Is there still a danger of them charging me something because they gave me a 2 yr commitment with my above deal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)