CSTV Now on Dish Channel 152

BFG said:
I think some people have been nneding some oxygen

That's probably one of the other channels Scott is talking about. Dish has an agreement with Fox Reality channel to launch by the end of the month, and the best I remember they are uplinking Oxygen as well so that's a fairly reasonable guess.

juan said:
Or maybe its DING DONG SCHWIMMINGERS GONE

It is interesting that we are FINALLY seeing some channel additions now that Michael "We're In Negotiations" Schwimmer was shown the door. Maybe they got someone in there who could actually FINISH a deal?

TNGTony said:
What? No one is asking for Fox College Sports and threatening to go to another system if they don't get it?? It's amazing!

There are enough sports channels already! :)

What about more general entertainment channels that are out there.

See ya
Tony
Fox college would be cool nhl network would be awesome
hopefully cstv comes early
fox reality would be nice too

Are there really 3 college soports nets? Do you guys think that isa good thing for viewers?

TNGTony said:
What? No one is asking for Fox College Sports and threatening to go to another system if they don't get it?? It's amazing!

There are enough sports channels already! :)

What about more general entertainment channels that are out there.

See ya
Tony

They are just a repackaging of the FSN regional channels for cable companies. If you have the Sports Pack then you already fave Fox College Sports.

Fox College Sports (FCS) is FCS Pacific, FCS Central, and FCS Atlantic - three regionally aligned, nationally distributed channels dedicated to the college sports fan. Fox College Sports is programmed from the 20 FSN and FSN affiliated regional sports networks across the country and delivers over 800 NCAA events per year.

brian24740 said:
CSTV has television and other media rights for all Conference USA sports and, beginning in 2006, it will have exclusive media and marketing rights for all Mountain West Conference sports. CSTV also owns exclusive multi-media rights to Navy home and select neutral site football games, as well as other Navy sports.

GREAT! All the games of Loser U & Podunk College right on my TV. Couldn't we just have another home shopping channel to not watch???

Fox College Sports would be a waste - except that there are USC / UCLA / Hawaii games that are broadcast on Fox Sports West 2 and nowhere else. These games are on Fox College Sports Pacific.

No, I don't want Fox College Sports added, I'm just hoping that someday FSW2 is put on CONUS and added to the Multi-sport package (and yes I know this would require a new contract with Dish).

BTW, (if true) CSTV is a great addition, thanks Dish. :)

BTW BTW, I never had the NFL Network on my wish list since it doesn't carry any live games. i would have rather had CSTV / ESPN-U on first. But at least the E* NFL fans are a bit happier now.

jrbdmb said:
No, I don't want Fox College Sports added, I'm just hoping that someday FSW2 is put on CONUS and added to the Multi-sport package (and yes I know this would require a new contract with Dish).
That would be nice. But do we know why its on spotbeam only?

BTW, CSTV is a great addition, thaks Dish. :)
now if it would be in the sports pack, that would be awesome :)

Iceberg said:
That would be nice. But do we know why its on spotbeam only?
For a long time, nobody got FSW2. Eventually Dish decided to placate Dodger fans by signing a contract to carry FSW2, but only paid to have this channel carried in the immediate L.A. area. FSW2 is not available to many areas in the Dodgers home market, including Hawaii and Las Vegas. Perhaps the fact that Rupert owned the Dodgers and FSW2 at the time caused this interesting turn of events. :rolleyes:

Hopefully when the contract is renewed FSW2 can be added to Multi-Sport and taken off the spot beam.

...did someone say something about bikini beach volleyball??

Now THERE is a channel...

The renamed shopping channels don't count because their content hasn't changed yet. CSTV doesn't count because it's not on yet. While I don't have intention to watch CSTV, there's no reason not to add it. I'd like more entertainment-channels as well but it's not like there's a big well to draw from...Beyond the oxygen/fit tv, there's only a handful of channels I ever hear mentioned, and al gore's channel (what's it called) is hardly in demand...

While NFL/CSTV have been uploaded, it is strange that they get activated (and early) shortly after a major company departure. It's going to be harder for people to switch off their E* boxes if they've got the channels that people have been looking for.

The 'your tv sucks' ads still have to go, however...

Iceberg,

You can't get in to KuSat (Canadian-tv) forum neither?

Cuz i hear it's down, eh?

After reading some of the posts, I forgot about MASN. Directv has this, in fact, thats the ONLY place to watch Nationals baseball games right now (other than the few on a low power local chan). ESPN-U would make more sense than CSTV since it plays higher profile games. But I'll take what I can get..

Hopefully added: CSTV
To Do List: ESPN-U, MASN, ESPN2-HD, Comcast SportsNet HD

Oh, and we cant forget nbc weatherplus 30!!! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)