CTITV Equipment recomendations

Status
Please reply by conversation.

smagoon

Original poster
Oct 11, 2007
CTITV is a paid saellite service out of Tiawan. I would like to find a dual tunner PVR that supports the cards, CAM or whatever is need to work with them along with other Manderin programming. My wife speaks Maderin but is non-technical. I'm technical but my Manderin is non-existant. So working with CTITV has been impossible. I'm new to C/ku band and could use some guidance.

Thanks,
smagoon

There are at least 3 CTITV International channel locations on American sats
SATMEX6 has it listed as KU with Irdeto1 encryption
G25 has it listed as KU with Irdeto2 encryption
G11 has it listed as CBand with Digicipher2 encryption

They also have it listed on DirecTV - which given the communication issue, might be the easiest choice, if that's what you're looking for. As for equipment for the other locations, no idea, but I'm pretty certain that the FTA forums won't be the most helpful place to look for advice in establishing equipment for encrypted channels

I'm in the US, AZ specifically. It's Ku band so Irdeto1 encryption. We had it a couple of years ago but they gave us no equipment choice, the installer wasn't much help and wen the box failed we canceled the subscription but would like to try again. This time with a decent setup. It provided us with 5 or 6 channels of content.

Thanks,
smagoon

Last edited:
See if the channel will issue only a subscription card, then use receivers with IRDETO card reader such as the Fortec Star 5400 or the Visionsat IV-200 with PVR capability. IRDETO subscription cards do not marry to a receiver like subscription cards for Dish Network or DircTV, so you can place the card in any receiver that supports the IRDETO format.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)