Cuban Baseball on HDNET?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kaman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 8, 2006
This would be interesting. I wonder if Mark Cuban is able to buy the beloved Cubbies, if he would eventually show them on his network. It sounds like the chances of him owning an MLB team are slim, and it would be even slimmer if he got the rights to broadcast his own team.

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/BlogJam/2007/04/11/The_Cuban_embargo

MLB really has a way of f*ing up one of the best sports ever invented.

TIt sounds like the chances of him owning an MLB team are slim, and it would be even slimmer if he got the rights to broadcast his own team.

um, there are a few teams who are like that (the company owns both the team and the network)

The Cubs are one of them
The BlueJays are another (Rogers owns the team, the flagship radio and Rogers Sportsnet)

Cuban has pissed off almost every owner and the management of the NBA because he's so outspoken. He would be GREAT for baseball. He would definitely shake things up and make the Cubs a better product.

As Ken Rosenthal said in his article, that's the very reason he would never be allowed to own. The current group of MLB owners are too comfortable in the status quo. They don't want the boat rocked.

Mark Cuban sure could show Tom Hicks a thing or two regarding owning a MLB team. Hicks sure doesn't know what he's doing....

You know, I saw this thread and thought that HDNet was going to be showing baseball from Cuba... Silly me.

I don't care if Mark Cuban buys the Cubs as long as he doesn't a) move the team, b) rename Wrigley Field, or c) change the name of the team to "Cuban's Cubbies"...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)