Curious question, are Disney XD and Disney Junior ever going to be in HD on Dish?

I wish I knew the inner workings of contracts like this. After seeing what happened back in 2010 when Dish lost those HD Disney channels when they weren't in the contract, I would think that the new contract would cover the ability to add HD before the contract ends. Maybe the contract does cover that Dish could add Disney XD, Disney Jr, or Longhorn Network in HD whenever they have space available. And when they decide to add HD, then the going rate is what Dish would need to pay Disney for the remainder of the contract. Re-reading that press release that Scott posted in the ESPN Classic thread, it's titled "Groundbreaking Long-Term, Wide Ranging Agreement" and I would find it hard to believe that Dish would lock itself into a certain position. We won't ever know the little details of the contract, but I would think Dish would want flexibility without needing to re-negotiate everything or wait for the contract to run out.

Pretty sad when many of us are paying north of $100 a month, that we are reduced to watching a channel from a major broadcaster in compressed SD on Dish, or dicking around trying to watch it on an ancillary service that may or may not be in something approximating HD. Just sayin'. ;)

Hey, are you new to Dish? ;-)

Just an FYI: I have been looking forward to the Star Wars:Rebels show ever since Disney cancelled "The Clone Wars". The problem of course it that it will run on DisneyXD which is SD only here on Dish. I did find that if you go do Dish's On-Demand that they have Rebels now in HD. So at least I can see it in HD on my TV.

Plus its without Comericals that way too.

Reactions: TheKrell
Episode one is on demand in HD because it aired on the Disney Channel. Wouldn't expect to see episodes that will air on Disney XD to be in HD on demand until the channel is in HD. Guess we'll find out this Friday. Was really hoping that Disney XD would be in HD by now. Looks like Star Wars Rebels is going to be a good show.

Reactions: TheKrell
Don't bother with other devices. The Apple TV 3 is the only device that can play and maintain the Watch Disney channels in HD. I use it quite often for Disney XD. Other devices like the Roku drop down to SD and the Fire TV never goes to HD and looks like SD mud.

Stays in HD for me on my Roku 3, but I have Extreme 105 for my Broadband.

The main plus for me is that Star Wars Rebels episodes are on a week early on the app before they are on TV.

Episode one is on demand in HD because it aired on the Disney Channel. Wouldn't expect to see episodes that will air on Disney XD to be in HD on demand until the channel is in HD. Guess we'll find out this Friday. Was really hoping that Disney XD would be in HD by now. Looks like Star Wars Rebels is going to be a good show.
You do know episodes air on Mondays starting the 13th right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You do know episodes air on Mondays starting the 13th right?

You do realize that the Monday airings will be Disney XD and NOT Disney Channel, hence not in HD (the whole point to this thread)? Only the premiere was on Disney Channel,

To PHXHoward, I would say this - in the original press release after the Disney deal was completed, there was some pretty clear language that mentioned on demand XD offerings in HD. Therefore, I would expect that Tuesday mornings the Rebels episodes will show up On Demand in HD - just have to wait one more day to see it HD.

You do realize that the Monday airings will be Disney XD and NOT Disney Channel, hence not in HD (the whole point to this thread)? Only the premiere was on Disney Channel,

To PHXHoward, I would say this - in the original press release after the Disney deal was completed, there was some pretty clear language that mentioned on demand XD offerings in HD. Therefore, I would expect that Tuesday mornings the Rebels episodes will show up On Demand in HD - just have to wait one more day to see it HD.
He said guess we'll find out this Friday as in a new episode was airing this Friday.

Not sure what day it will air on XD. It aired on Friday on the Disney Channel so I was guessing it would be the same on XD. Thanks for letting me know. I'll have to make sure I have it in the DVR on the right date.

Any update on this? Is it even uplinked in HD? I would love to start watching Rebels in HD.

If you have a Roku, you can watch it in HD on the Disney XD app.

Reactions: satjay
And another channel that we don't have in HD yet that is long overdue....TV Land. They have a number of newer shows that are in HD, plus all of their original programs. You would think since most other providers have these channels in HD, Dish would by now.

And another channel that we don't have in HD yet that is long overdue....TV Land. They have a number of newer shows that are in HD, plus all of their original programs. You would think since most other providers have these channels in HD, Dish would by now.
I've been asking for this one in hd for a good while. I watch a couple of shows on that one each week.

well let dish know about it remember the chances are the more requests for these channels in Hd the greater chances are you will be getting them in HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)