Current Cancellation Fee

mbruno

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 19, 2010
Maryland
Just a quick question, but could someone tell me what the cancellation fee is if your still under agreement with them. I am guessing a DVR would cost more then a standard receiver does? I did try looking this up at the Dish website but I found nothing given a price about it?

Thanks

Just a quick question, but could someone tell me what the cancellation fee is if your still under agreement with them. I am guessing a DVR would cost more then a standard receiver does? I did try looking this up at the Dish website but I found nothing given a price about it?

Thanks
Not exactly sure...upwards to $20.00 per month time remaining. DVRs don't make any difference.

A cancellation fee equal to the lesser of $420 or $17.50 per month for each canceled month of servicewill apply. Only way a receiver would cost you more is if you never returned it to Dish.

Has nothing to do with receivers unless you do not return them. If you do not return them, you will have to pay them for those receivers on top of the cancelation fee which is $17.50 a month for every month remaining on your contract.

As of Feb 1 it was changed to $17.50, if you were told less, watch your bill VERY closely.

It depends on when you signed up. There has been several variations of the cancellation fee in the past 2 years...

#1 $240 or $10 in each month remaining

#2 $300 or $12.50 in each month remaining

#4 $360 or $15 for each month remaining

#5 $420 or $17.50 for each month remaining (Took Effect 2/1/2010)

Im not sure of the exact dates on the other cancellation fees,but ever since the attorney general has been in Dish networks ass they have raised it to help some of the other losses in revenue such as the 10 day notice they must send out before they charge your credit card. It kind of sucks for Dish where as before they hit the card immediatly, and with the notice they send you, its an alert for you to cancel the card.

,but ever since the attorney general has been in Dish networks ass they have raised it to help some of the other losses in revenue such as the 10 day notice they must send out before they charge your credit card. It kind of sucks for Dish where as before they hit the card immediatly, and with the notice they send you, its an alert for you to cancel the card.
OH that makes me feel SOOOO Sorry for Dish Network.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

NOT!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts