Current DirecTV Unadvertised Packages?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
That's what they told me today online chat for new installs. I said but I only have 2 TV's. I was told monthly cost was the same . This is new to me too.
Take all 4 recvrs to get the deal, then once its completed, call in and cancel the extra 2 recvrs ....

Reactions: keenan
That's what they told me today online chat for new installs. I said but I only have 2 TV's. I was told monthly cost was the same . This is new to me too.
I can't believe that's correct. Have you tried talking to someone on the phone?

I can't believe that's correct. Have you tried talking to someone on the phone?
No it was just chat. I got a flyer and come back offer in mail and was just causally looking at package prices year 2 because I heard they went up. Chat window popped up and this was what I was told. I even questioned several times and he stood strong it didn't matter if it was 2 or 4 TV's after 12 months no difference in pkg price. Doesn't sound right to me is why I posted it.

Family package is still available, the best way to describe it is that it's essentially locals, religious programming, children's programming, and inoffensive material like DIY, Food network, etc. Curiously enough, ID is included, but regular Discovery is not. Family is 29.99

Preferred Xtra is the Ultimate package stripped of the Encore channels, and Sports (Excluding ESPN and ESPN2). Price is 81.99

Sounds like what DirecTV is calling an "All included plan"... basically the charges for up to four receivers are factored into the monthly bill, whether you have four or not.

For example, it used to be:

Select was 53.99

Advanced Receiver 15.00

Primary receiver 7.00

Addtional receivers 7.00 a piece...

Now it's 91.00 a month flat rate for everything, but if you don't have 4 receivers, you're kind of getting hosed.

Family package is still available, the best way to describe it is that it's essentially locals, religious programming, children's programming, and inoffensive material like DIY, Food network, etc. Curiously enough, ID is included, but regular Discovery is not. Family is 29.99

Preferred Xtra is the Ultimate package stripped of the Encore channels, and Sports (Excluding ESPN and ESPN2). Price is 81.99

Does anybody here actually use Preferred Xtra and have an actual confirmed list of channels that ARE in Preferred Xtra? Some say it is 185 channels, others say it is everything in Ultimate except Encore and Sports. I just saw on the Charter forums where they're telling subscribers that Chiller will be shuttered along with Esquire and Cloo, so I'm seriously considering the Preferrred Xtra package. It would save $20+ a month easy with the drop down, RSN fees and extra taxes gone off our bill.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts