Current Dish being installed?

budda

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 21, 2006
Oconomowoc
Could someone please tell me the current dish being installed in Milwaukee WI. And What Satellites it points to. I have a old setup pointing at 110,119,129. Now there is a different Dish and it points at different Sat's. Black and is a 1000.4 maybe? People that have the first 1000. Had my configuration and when the locals came along it added a single Dish for the locals. Now on a Hopper install there is a single Dish hit's everything needed. Thanks. Need to check LOS and prepare for Hopper. :)

Not sure your question, but your current dish is all that is needed for Hopper. There are no different sats, on western arc, that you seem to be alluding to.

Milwaukee HD locals are on Eastern Arc (yes, 100.4 dish pointing to the southeastern sky, same general direction as your wing dish). Your current dish setup would work with the Hopper, but if you are having a tech come out anyway to set up the Hopper, you may want to have a single dish setup on Eastern Arc, eliminating the need for 2 dishes...provided you have line of sight to both 61.5 and 72.7 sats.

Milwaukee HD locals are on Eastern Arc (yes, 100.4 dish pointing to the southeastern sky, same general direction as your wing dish). Your current dish setup would work with the Hopper, but if you are having a tech come out anyway to set up the Hopper, you may want to have a single dish setup on Eastern Arc, eliminating the need for 2 dishes...provided you have line of sight to both 61.5 and 72.7 sats.

Thanks that's the issue I currently don't get my locals in HD. So I want the new Dish. I need to check on the LOS. So 1000.4 only points at two Sat's? I use OTA now but to use PTAT I would need the correct sat.

I'm in Waukesha and get all the Milwaukee channels in HD, for 3 years now on a single dish DPP 1k.4 that points to the south, using 622 and 211 receivers.

I'm in Waukesha and get all the Milwaukee channels in HD, for 3 years now on a single dish DPP 1k.4 that points to the south, using 622 and 211 receivers.

Cool. My problem is 3 40ft walnut tree's. Depends how high up the tech will go. :)

Cool. My problem is 3 40ft walnut tree's. Depends how high up the tech will go. :)

If you bother to look, there are probably people who would pay YOU to take down those walnuts.

ChainSaw_Majini.jpg