Current DTV subscriber debating about Dish

I wasn't going to go there but since you did.... Frankly I don't believe it. I believe he thinks that or was told something resembling that. Not sure he gave the fully what he is getting either because $109 is alot more than what Top 200 costs new subscribers.

Yeah, I'm not sure anyone at Dish has the ability to completely remove equipment fees, just credit them back on a recurring basis.

Reactions: Tampa8
Really? That's interesting because I am listening to Sirius-XM using Dish anywhere on my iPhone right now.

I wouldn't know how. They don't show up in my list and I can't dial them by number. Other posters here have stated that SXM doesn't want their streams going out over Dish Anywhere, and I certainly don't see them anywhere on my app on iPhone.

I wasn't going to go there but since you did.... Frankly I don't believe it. I believe he thinks that or was told something resembling that. The partial months discounts sounds right.
Not sure he gave fully what he is getting either because $109 is alot more than what Top 200 costs new subscribers. In fact that sounds closer to Top 200 and the $15 DVR fee about three Joeys with fees for a new subscriber. Also what exactly is price locked @$109? As I said Top 200 is far less than that and DISH doesn't price lock non package prices. This sounds like a Phone CSR running amuck or a misunderstanding of the temporary discounts.

I believe the cost of the top 200 for a new customer is 79.99. The Hoppers $15, Joey's are $7 and DVR fee is $10, although I added a joey to an account the other day and the CSR told the customer it would increase their bill by $5 a month so possibly those have gone down.

Reactions: pattykay
does dish send an email confirmation?
be interesting to see whats listed
Dish will send email confirmations plus more emails and phone calls and texts leading up to your appointment time. Just a note, when you start getting calls to verify your appointment time, there is no option to keep the appointment, just to cancel or reschedule. If you're going to keep the appointment just hang up

Reactions: pattykay
If I put in AT200 with a 5 TV setup with 3 x 4k Joeys and 1 Wireless, I get $99.99 per month, which, with taxes, probably equals around $109.

Attachments

• Cart _ DISH.pdf
    224.3 KB · Views: 200
Reactions: johnr475 and Tampa8
I believe the cost of the top 200 for a new customer is 79.99. The Hoppers $15, Joey's are $7 and DVR fee is $10, although I added a joey to an account the other day and the CSR told the customer it would increase their bill by $5 a month so possibly those have gone down.

Nope. $69.99 locked for two years. Fees are not locked as I posted.Hopper is $10 not $15 for new subscriber at least for the first year maybe two years, not locked. From everything I see his $109 is suspiciously close to what any new subscriber would pay. Still not sure the $109 is locked either, only the package itself.

Reactions: JSheridan
I wouldn't know how. They don't show up in my list and I can't dial them by number. Other posters here have stated that SXM doesn't want their streams going out over Dish Anywhere, and I certainly don't see them anywhere on my app on iPhone.
You are both right and wrong. The Sirius channels do not show up on my iPhone, however, they all do show up on my PC and I can listen to them (Windows 10 and Dish Anywhere).

My Hopper DVR service fee is $15.00.

The current new customer special includes $10 a month Hopper DVR fee and $5 a month Joeys for the first 2 years. They're also giving a free year of HBO and some other goodies to qualified new customers.

Just to clear that up, it's $10 a month for the first Hopper including the DVR fee for new customers. :)

Reactions: charlesrshell
Sorry at work, as for the credit for the equipment, the retenion rep said they would refund the credit cards since my score was top of the range. He said that was the only reason he was able to do it. Guess normal reps can't do it but since I called to cancel install they transferred me to a special dept.

Nope. $69.99 locked for two years. Fees are not locked as I posted.Hopper is $10 not $15 for new subscriber at least for the first year maybe two years, not locked. From everything I see his $109 is suspiciously close to what any new subscriber would pay. Still not sure the $109 is locked either, only the package itself.
Typically, it's the total bill. My total bill is 127 and that's my bill every month

They tell us that the $10 Hopper / $5 Joey fees are locked for 2 years as well. :)

Reactions: ncted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)