Current fta receivers with NTSC ota tuner

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Shicks4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 29, 2015
Kansas
Was wondering what tunners were available with both fta DVB S2 and ATSC tuners currently for sale. Is linkbox the only thing available or is there something else? Main reason I ask is the only way where I live to get PBS is either from the main PBS feed or from LPBS and want the ota and fta to be integrated.

This is for a second daycare facility my wife opened across the street and PBS and some of a child are a must.

Thanks in advance

Linkbox 9000i Local model has a built-in ATSC tuner. Any of the Enigma2 OS STBs support 3rd party external ATSC USB dongles.

Be aware that ATSC 3.0 will be coming to market over the next few years and current ATSC tuners will not be compatible.

Does the daycare TV have a built-in ATSC tuner?

Reactions: danristheman
Linkbox 9000i Local model has a built-in ATSC tuner. Any of the Enigma2 OS STBs support 3rd party external ATSC USB dongles.

Be aware that ATSC 3.0 will be coming to market over the next few years and current ATSC tuners will not be compatible.

Does the daycare TV have a built-in ATSC tuner?
Yes, however I was hoping to have the fta (mainly pbs) and ota integrated so the employee only has one remote to worry about. I guess I’ll just order another linkbox 9000i local I just wasn’t sure if there was much else out there.

As I said I’m located just far enough away from the local pbs affiliate that we can’t receive it ota. Just a few miles north of here it can be picked up. I’d imagine if I put up a tall enough tower it would be possible as the cable provider 15 miles further south of here picks up the local pbs channels but the antenna is 100’ up probably using way better equipment then is feasible for me to get.

As far as atsc 3.0 I thought it was only being rolled out but not a mandatory switch. I’m actually a bit concerned that we will lose more channels then we gain especially if they reduce power. Of course I haven’t stayed up to date for about the last year or so.

Thanks for the info.

Yes, however I was hoping to have the fta (mainly pbs) and ota integrated so the employee only has one remote to worry about. I guess I’ll just order another linkbox 9000i local I just wasn’t sure if there was much else out there.

As I said I’m located just far enough away from the local pbs affiliate that we can’t receive it ota. Just a few miles north of here it can be picked up. I’d imagine if I put up a tall enough tower it would be possible as the cable provider 15 miles further south of here picks up the local pbs channels but the antenna is 100’ up probably using way better equipment then is feasible for me to get.

As far as atsc 3.0 I thought it was only being rolled out but not a mandatory switch. I’m actually a bit concerned that we will lose more channels then we gain especially if they reduce power. Of course I haven’t stayed up to date for about the last year or so.

Thanks for the info.
if you decide on the Linkbox, looks like Rick has some special right now, on a bundle with the UHF remote and a HDD and an extra IR remote. Probably worth the extra $25 for the extra remotes, especially in a place like a daycare where the remote might end up being a toy by accident :)

Reactions: kittyhas1000legs
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)