Current HD channels not offered by Dish

Tom Bombadil

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 5, 2005
Chicago-Milwaukee Region
I am interested in learning what national HD channels are currently in operation but not carried by Dish.

Here's what I have so far:

INHD
INHD2
CineMax
PBS
Starz (coming soon)
The Movie Channel (TMC)

I haven't seen any confirmation that National Geographic, FOOD, or HGTV are actually up and broadcasting, but perhaps they are.

I've purposefully left off the national network feeds, WB and UPN.

Others?

Tom Bombadil said:
I am interested in learning what national HD channels are currently in operation but not carried by Dish.

Here's what I have so far:

INHD
INHD2
CineMax
PBS
Starz (coming soon)
The Movie Channel (TMC)

Others?

Ok, I am having a brain fart. What is INHD?

And is it The Movie Channel OR Turner Classic Movies?

michaelgizzi said:
Ok, I am having a brain fart. What is INHD?

InHD is the cable company's "competitor" to HDNet. They are two all HD variety channels. InHD 1 carries mostly sports and related events, while InHD2 carries a wide variety of different shows.

I had them for 2+ years with cable, and really didn't get that much from them. A nice travel show here and there was about it. They show some movies, but usually ones that are or have been on HDNet Movies or the Voom channels. Oh, and Twilight Zone (the newer series).

Ah, he did write TCM, not TMC.

There were rumors that a TCM HD channel would appear in 2005. But so far nothing has materialized.

This would be a very good HD channel, IMHO.

1) Cinemax HD
2) Food Network HD
3) HGTV HD
4) INHD / INHD2
5) MHD
6) TMC HD
7) National Geographic HD
8) NBA HD
9) NFL HD
10) Starz HD
11) Wealth TV
12) Many regional sports stations
13) Outdoor Channel 2HD

JAG72 said:
1) Cinemax HD
2) Food Network HD
3) HGTV HD
4) INHD / INHD2
5) MHD
6) TMC HD
7) National Geographic HD
8) NBA HD
9) NFL HD
10) Starz HD
11) Wealth TV
12) Many regional sports stations
13) Outdoor Channel 2HD

Subtract Starz, HGTV HD, NFL HD, Natgohd From that list as they will be offered soon

Soon to be added:
NFL HD
Starz HD East
HGTV HD
National Geographic HD

Not carried:
Cinemax HD East
Cinemax HD West
TMC HD (Only East is HD)
Starz HD West
HBO HD West
Showtime West
INHD
INHD2
MHD
Wealth TV
Outdoor Channel 2HD

Dish has carried these time to time
NBA TV HD
RSNs (but have only used the feed for sports subscriptions, not the actual market)

goaliebob99 said:
Subtract Starz, HGTV HD, NFL HD, Natgohd From that list as they will be offered soon

They arn't offered yet that is why they were included. Until Dish turns the switch on you never know what will happen.

Okay,

If we subtract out the "west" channels, accept those that Dish appears to be turning on very soon, subtract the INHD's because it would be difficult for Dish to offer those, then we are left with:

Cinemax
TMC
MHD
Wealth TV
Outdoor Channel 2

The last two are low rated channels. So it looks to me like the only "significant" HD channels not being carried are Cinemax, TMC, and MHD. Last time I saw Cinemax and TMC ratings they were pretty low too. Although those Dish subs who are already paying for both HD and Cinemax & TMC (i.e. HD Platinum) probably think they are owed this channels.

JAG72 said:
8) NBA HD
NBA TV does not yet have a full time HD channel. Only selected games are shown in HD. Either the cable companies interrupt InHD1 programming or show the game on a dedicated special events channel.

Not sure if there's a plan for a full time channel, however.

Jeff_R said:
InHD is the cable company's "competitor" to HDNet. They are two all HD variety channels. InHD 1 carries mostly sports and related events, while InHD2 carries a wide variety of different shows.

I had them for 2+ years with cable, and really didn't get that much from them. A nice travel show here and there was about it. They show some movies, but usually ones that are or have been on HDNet Movies or the Voom channels. Oh, and Twilight Zone (the newer series).

InHd is owned by a cable company, but not necessarily exclusive to cable and HDNET is offered on several cable systems, and I'm sure Mr Cuban would like to be on the rest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)