Current Pricing for Two Hoppers Two Joey's

handymantoo

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 21, 2009
northeast
Now that the OTA is here It's time for me to upgrade to two Hoppers and Two Joey's. Back in March I was quoted $200 for Hoppers and Joeys and $95 install which they agreed to waive. I heard some mention here that the fee for Hoppers is now $50 each. Please inform me on the current prices before I order. Is it best to go to DIRT first or try customer service since they were the original to give me the quote?

Correct. $50 per Hopper, Joeys are free. So 2H/2J would be $100. Just upgrade to both myself this weekend.

Now that the OTA is here It's time for me to upgrade to two Hoppers and Two Joey's. Back in March I was quoted $200 for Hoppers and Joeys and $95 install which they agreed to waive. I heard some mention here that the fee for Hoppers is now $50 each. Please inform me on the current prices before I order. Is it best to go to DIRT first or try customer service since they were the original to give me the quote?

If you send me a PM with your phone/account number, I can get you upgrade details.

If you send me a PM with your phone/account number, I can get you upgrade details.

But with BT out, and the utility of 2H/0J or even 2H/1J being even more obvious, has the 1J min per Hopper policy been changed?

I know, it'll take a while before they'll consider it.

huskerhead said:
Can three hoppers see each other? Thinking about replacing a Joey with one.

Yup! With the proper wiring, of course. I have a diagram of my setup if you need it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

garys said:
I would like to see this as well, it was my understanding that with 3 Hoppers, two can see the other's recording but the third could not. Unless this was another recent update.

It's been working since day 1 when I got the third Hopper (in June) however there were some whole-home issues that would show up until S221 fixed them.

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

Btw, here's a pic of it in action. This was Pre-S221 as well :-

image-724607823.jpg

The "office" Joey was/is even on WiFi!

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

I'm too lazy to look for this info -

What is the monthly fee for 2 Hoppers?

I currently have a 622 and a 211k, so it's only $6.00 for DVR service and $7.00 for 211k.

Is the first Hopper free?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)