Current TV to be available starting the 20th for $5 per month a la carte

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'm a bleeding heart Liberal and I wouldn't pay five bucks for Current. The last I watched them was just to see how self obsessed KO was :p

On a more serious note to all those clamoring for ala-carte, look at what they're charging when it's offered. Five bucks for Blaze, Current or Veria!!! Be careful what you wish for you just might get it, at that rate it wouldn't take too many channels to ring up a big bill.

I'm a bleeding heart Liberal and I wouldn't pay five bucks for Current. The last I watched them was just to see how self obsessed KO was :p

On a more serious note to all those clamoring for ala-carte, look at what they're charging when it's offered. Five bucks for Blaze, Current or Veria!!! Be careful what you wish for you just might get it, at that rate it wouldn't take too many channels to ring up a big bill.

Here's the thing with that,sure they can charge $5 a pop a la carte now.They know they are also bundled in other packages,if they were only available a la carte I guarantee they wouldn't charge $5 for long,or they would be out of business.

Here's the thing with that,sure they can charge $5 a pop a la carte now.They know they are also bundled in other packages,if they were only available a la carte I guarantee they wouldn't charge $5 for long,or they would be out of business.

The last time I checked, their ratings were so absymal they may go out of business on their own. I seem to recall their prime time audience was something around 40,000 viewers, and if true, it doesn't seem hardly worth the cost of the electricty to run the place.

Current used to be a good channel when they showed Vanguard and a lot of Documentary programming. Now it's just a bunch of political talk shows Mon-Fri, some mainstream movies, and the same tired documentaries aired over and over on the weekends. I liked the old format much better, now they are trying to be MSNBC-lite, without the news. They haven't had any new Documentary programming since they cancelled Vanguard, so I stopped watching.

$5 month is steep for this channel. No HD, bad picture quality and terrible ratings. I'm sure there will be some that buy it but for $5 month they'd be better pairing it with a handful of other channels (sort of like Heartland or Outdoor Sports).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)