Custom channel list randomly looses channels

Smwoodward

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
Alabama
I created a list of all the shows that I have access to and want to browse, mainly it removes the music channels, adult channels, and the plethora of shopping channels. I wouldn't have noticed it if all of the sudden it only showed 3 PTAT icons on the guide. Once I went into my channels it showed back up. Went in to edit the list, and sure enough it went to 110 channels from the 112 that I originally selected. Anyone know how to fix this?

I created a list of all the shows that I have access to and want to browse, mainly it removes the music channels, adult channels, and the plethora of shopping channels. I wouldn't have noticed it if all of the sudden it only showed 3 PTAT icons on the guide. Once I went into my channels it showed back up. Went in to edit the list, and sure enough it went to 110 channels from the 112 that I originally selected. Anyone know how to fix this?

It's a bug I believe

You can remove unwanted channels from ALL guides by hiding locked channels in Parental Settings. I lock out the SD versions of HD channels, all Shopping, the four-digit Duplicates, and all religious channels.

So, even when the Hopper defaults back to My Channels (a behavior I absolutely hate, btw), with its plethora of PPV, VOD, and Music channels, it's not quite as bad as it would be with all the other detritus, as well.

You can remove unwanted channels from ALL guides by hiding locked channels in Parental Settings. I lock out the SD versions of HD channels, all Shopping, the four-digit Duplicates, and all religious channels.

So, even when the Hopper defaults back to My Channels (a behavior I absolutely hate, btw), with its plethora of PPV, VOD, and Music channels, it's not quite as bad as it would be with all the other detritus, as well.

Is there a specific reason you lock SD out instead of changing the guide to display the HD version only, if there is one?

My favorites list is constantly dropping my CBS channel.
Funny thing is, sometimes it drops the OTA channel and sometimes it drops the Satellite channel.
I have grown quite tired of constantly adding it back.

Good to know. Now, if only they had buttons for hiding other categories of unnecessary channels, as well! (Shopping, Religious, League Packages, etc.) :)

Yeah, but I guess Dish doesn't like shooting themselves in the foot :D .

I had a problem in the custom channel list. As others said it kept dropping a late addition. I added 2 as suggested before and got the one I wanted with it losing the second, which I didn't want.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)