Custom installation help - is it even possible?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iam4

Original poster
Hi all,
Totally new to the forum but I was someone can give me an honest answer. I'm trying to help my elderly parents upgrade their Directv to HD. When they built their house years ago they started with a large satellite dish on a pole outside. Probably 12 years ago they "reused" the pole and the originally buried cable to go with Directv. They watch a lot of TV these days and I'd like to buy them better service.
I understand this would be a custom installation because it's outside and because the run from the dish to their house is about 100-125 feet. It has to be that way because of trees behind their home that restrict southern view. I'm happy to pay whatever it takes to get them this but nobody seems to do anything out of the ordinary, even for a fee.
Is there anybody who knows someone who can do this work in SE Pennsylvania? I had Directv out to my folks' place once or twice but they basically gave up saying it's too hard. The last tech actually told them to go with Comcast. That's just not what they want.

Thanks very much, i really appreciate it.

Hi all,
Totally new to the forum but I was someone can give me an honest answer. I'm trying to help my elderly parents upgrade their Directv to HD. When they built their house years ago they started with a large satellite dish on a pole outside. Probably 12 years ago they "reused" the pole and the originally buried cable to go with Directv. They watch a lot of TV these days and I'd like to buy them better service.
I understand this would be a custom installation because it's outside and because the run from the dish to their house is about 100-125 feet. It has to be that way because of trees behind their home that restrict southern view. I'm happy to pay whatever it takes to get them this but nobody seems to do anything out of the ordinary, even for a fee.
Is there anybody who knows someone who can do this work in SE Pennsylvania? I had Directv out to my folks' place once or twice but they basically gave up saying it's too hard. The last tech actually told them to go with Comcast. That's just not what they want.

I don’t see the issue. Install a Directv HD dish on the existing pole with an adaptor or a new pole next to the existing pole.

Directv hd requires SWM technology so it’s a single wire off the dish to a splitter.

Unless whoever came out doesn’t want to use the existing underground cable or realizes they can adapt the existing pole or install a new pole, there is no reason why this could not get installed.

Go to Directv.com and at the bottom there is a retailer locater. Start there

Reactions: JSheridan and Jimbo
Solid signal?

They are in Michigan like me, what the heck are the going to do?

According to their site -they can help with Sat installs (finding) retailers local -Sort of like calling D* in Cali and having them send someone out local to you- except-independent

Hi all,

Local DIRECTV Dealers and Installers in Pennsylvania

This really shouldn't be that hard seeing what is already there, like Claude mentioned.

The only thing Custom (some people consider a pole mount to be custom, I don't, I call it an easier way to get the job done.)

Thats just one link from a Google search, theres more.

Reactions: Claude Greiner
I'll just pile on here. I don't get the problem. This is hardly a complicated install and 100-125 feet is not that far.

You could bury the coax yourself from the pole to the house.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)