Please reply by conversation.

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
I created an Excel file that is a custom made complete Spring Training 2008 schedule of TV games only.

If you have Sports Pack, or are thinking of adding it for March to watch the fun before Extra Innings starts, this is for you!

The file is sorted by date. You can also sort by "Broadcasting Team" to see your team's broadcasts.
Then, turn broadcasting team back to all. Now change "Opponent" to your team.
You can see ALL games that your team plays that are televised by oppossing networks!

This is great if you are interested in a key team or two. If you watch the whole league - then just leave it sorted by date :)

I've got the DirecTV channel numbers on the right as well.

Last year - a few games were blacked out, but in general spring training games should be available provided you have the sports pack.
Extra Innings subscription will NOT get you spring training games. Pony up the $12 for March!

Let me know any feedback or if you find this useful. I may do it again next year. I know I will use it :D

Attachments

• 2008 Spring Training TV Schedule.xls
    56 KB · Views: 623
Best post ever!
Thank you for sharing masterdeals, you the best! :D

Overall this is an awesome list, it even has the channel #'s and the dates + times !
Plus, since I live in the Reno area I get games on ESPN and FOX.
During weekdays I get the Giants and the Oakland A's games...even though I am not a fan of either of those teams...at least something to watch..

Go Red Sox Go!

There is no TV spring schedule released yet for the A's, Nationals, & Orioles.

If they release any games, or someone else sees any release, let me know so I can add them!

There is no TV spring schedule released yet for the A's, Nationals, & Orioles.

If they release any games, or someone else sees any release, let me know so I can add them!

Here you go, there is the Oakland A's calendar there:
The Official Site of The Oakland Athletics: Schedule: 2008 A's Schedule

And here is the schedule for the Orioles:
The Official Site of The Baltimore Orioles: Schedule: 2008 Orioles Schedule

And here are the Nationals schedule:
The Official Site of The Washington Nationals: Schedule: 2008 Nationals Schedule

I'm a Cubs & Tigers fan.

Using this tool, there are 29 total games I can watch in March!

That's alot better that the 4 games FSN Detroit does, and the 7 on WGN.

Definately worth my $12 in March!

17 Cubs games, 12 Tigers games, I'm happy :)

I had these, the problem is that MASN hasn't announced any spring games (they have Washington & Baltimore). Same thing with FSN Bay Area and the A's.

Not a bad thread for post #1,500 :D

I have the sports pack, I doubt I will be getting any other games other than the Giants/A's.
I may even be lucky and get the Dodgers games since I have sports pack, but I doubt that.

Why, there is no blackouts (mostly) in spring training?

Are you saying that is all you would want to watch?

I don't have D*. So please don't shoot me for being on the opposite side of the tracks (from where I should be), but this is the most informative post I've seen. I can't use the channel numbers but based off of teams, I can put this to use! :) If I had any information about the Orioles or Nationals, I'd give it to you (I'm in the home territory of the Orioles, Nationals, Braves, and Reds). I'll keep my eyes open. I always enjoy having the Multi-Sport (which I would assume is at least somewhat similar to your sports pack) package because I can sometimes catch an inning or two of an out of market game. Oh, and not to mention all of the hockey (even if it is replays).

Again, though, thanks so much for this file.... :up

Cade

Awesome schedule! FYI though, WTBS is now WPCH for the Braves broadcasts :)

EDIT: There also appear to be two different Braves options for the opposing team column.

I knew TBS changed their local name, didn't realized they changed the call letters too, thanks.

I'm not sure why excel showed duplicate names on some teams, just click them both and it should work. Did it for the Tigers too.

Why, there is no blackouts (mostly) in spring training?

Are you saying that is all you would want to watch?

I'd love to sub for MLB + SF, but I am cutting back on TV...since I am buying a new car soon.
Maybe next year MLB + SF.
For now I am happy with NFL+SF.

When you have the Reds on there I assume that they will also be on channel 638 as well as the 637 you have listed, right?

When you have the Reds on there I assume that they will also be on channel 638 as well as the 637 you have listed, right?

I'm not sure, probally if FSN does it on both ohio networks. I may have put the wrong number, I was just working off the pdf channel chart :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts