Customer Retention Phone Number

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hey Jim....(fellow buckeye!)
Let me be more specific.

I had an appt for a new 5LNB install. I called DTV the day before said appt to remind them to make certain the installer bring a ladder for my place is 2 story. During this phone call....DTV rep reports that "somehow" she is showing that this appt was inadvertently canceled...... blaming this on some new system they have.
So.....with this disappointment they offered me 2 months showtime free and also a new HD DVR but I had to pay $21.50 s/h.
(this phone call took about 1 hour of my time).

Today the installer shows up with an HR10 box. No 5 LNB dish, No HD DVR, so I send him away.
I call DTV totally disappointed and for 1.5 hours phone call and I argue with some schmuck DTV rep.
Ends up they offer me
- $10 off programing for 6 months
- $99 credit towards a new HD DVR
This came out to $235 charge on my Visa then I would get the credits later.
I also asked them for the phone number of the installer in my area.

I immediatlely call the installer and ask them to read what the new current work order shows. The lady tells me it only shows a new HD DVR....no 5 LNB dish.

Back to calling DTV and this time I tell them I'm infruiated and want to cancel so I finally get to a retention person.

That's how I ended up with this deal.

The installer is not the one to blame. Seems to me, DTV has been in business long enough to have a more thorough system in place, then the sloppiness I had to put up with this past weekend.

Hey Jim....(fellow buckeye!)
Let me be more specific.

I had an appt for a new 5LNB install. I called DTV the day before said appt to remind them to make certain the installer bring a ladder for my place is 2 story. During this phone call....DTV rep reports that "somehow" she is showing that this appt was inadvertently canceled...... blaming this on some new system they have.
So.....with this disappointment they offered me 2 months showtime free and also a new HD DVR but I had to pay $21.50 s/h.
(this phone call took about 1 hour of my time).

Today the installer shows up with an HR10 box. No 5 LNB dish, No HD DVR, so I send him away.
I call DTV totally disappointed and for 1.5 hours phone call and I argue with some schmuck DTV rep.
Ends up they offer me
- $10 off programing for 6 months
- $99 credit towards a new HD DVR
This came out to $235 charge on my Visa then I would get the credits later.
I also asked them for the phone number of the installer in my area.

I immediatlely call the installer and ask them to read what the new current work order shows. The lady tells me it only shows a new HD DVR....no 5 LNB dish.

Back to calling DTV and this time I tell them I'm infruiated and want to cancel so I finally get to a retention person.

That's how I ended up with this deal.

The installer is not the one to blame. Seems to me, DTV has been in business long enough to have a more thorough system in place, then the sloppiness I had to put up with this past weekend.

I agree .... after reading your experience here , it made more sense, the original one looked more like an installer issue, actually the installer not having the correct equipment IS an INSTALLER problem, however the rest is purley on D* call center.

The seem to have given you a good deal of credits, but as I also know, credits don't help you when your expecting your equipment to be in place at a perticular time and place.

Let us know how it turns out.

Jimbo

$$$

Retention worked for me . I called they gave me $10 off for 6 months and Free cinemax for 6 months.All because of a NFL pack charge that was not supposed to renew,and the fact that HD package is only 8 channels long.Now I'm a Happy Directv customer again.:D :up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)