Customer Service at D*

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ceas2182

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Dec 18, 2004
Disneyland, Cali
Well a few week ago, I called D* for new service. I had a bad experience with them. After I ordered everything, they said they will call back in 24 hours for the installation date. And they never did. I called again regarding the order, and they told me will call you back in a day or so. Well, after 5 days of calling I said, please cancel. She asked me, Nobody has called you back? I said No, please cancel. Has anyone else ever had this problem?

After I canceled D*, I called E* for an upgrade and they were good they gave me the installation date the next day.

Heads where the sun doesn't shine

Certainly they have their heads where the sun doesn't shine. I at least got an appointment date, but the technician didn't know how to install the equipment that I had ordered, so he left without doing anything. Then I made a second appointment, but when the day arrived, they said that they didn't have anyone available to do the install.

Now I'm at the point where I will do the install myself. If I ran my business in this fashion, I wouldn't have any customers left.

halapeno said:
Certainly they have their heads where the sun doesn't shine. I at least got an appointment date, but the technician didn't know how to install the equipment that I had ordered, so he left without doing anything. Then I made a second appointment, but when the day arrived, they said that they didn't have anyone available to do the install.

Now I'm at the point where I will do the install myself. If I ran my business in this fashion, I wouldn't have any customers left.

What in the heck did you order???????????????:confused:

Ceas2182 said:
Well a few week ago, I called D* for new service. I had a bad experience with them. After I ordered everything, they said they will call back in 24 hours for the installation date. And they never did. I called again regarding the order, and they told me will call you back in a day or so. Well, after 5 days of calling I said, please cancel. She asked me, Nobody has called you back? I said No, please cancel. Has anyone else ever had this problem?

After I canceled D*, I called E* for an upgrade and they were good they gave me the installation date the next day.
Ha ha.....I know what you mean. This morning I tried to contact D* so as to cancel my subscription with them and got nothing but automated phone messages. I tried 4 different D* numbers for about 25 minutes and talked to no live people. I finally called the "DirecTV Movers Connection" number and they were able to connect me to a person who was able to terminate my subscription to D*. He ask me why as a long time D* customer I decided to cancel my subscription and I then told him it was because of D* lack of going after more HD programming and because of that I signed up with E*. Then he tries to tell me that D* has as much HD programming as E* or anybody else.:rolleyes:

D* does actually have more HD programming then any other SAT company. Soon they will be adding about 1,500 more channels to their HD lineup look forward to it.

*new 5 lnb dish* <--- thats what its for ( two new sats launched)

SAT75 said:
D* does actually have more HD programming then any other SAT company. Soon they will be adding about 1,500 more channels to their HD lineup look forward to it.

Lets back the D* love fest up a notch.

I cant stand the company jargon of having 1,500 new channels in HD.
Because we all know its just 300 versions of NBC and another 300 versions of CBS and so on.

Im a D* subscriber and am sticking it out til the other sats are up and running but dont toss the 1500 channel thing at me cuz it makes me wanna puke.

As for D* having as much HD as everyone else. Thats just false.

SAT75 said:

And WTF are you smoking? Either you are mentaly handycaped and believe everything D* tells you, or you work for them and have been realy hitting the koo-aid hard reciently.

sat75 said:
D* does actually have more HD programming then any other SAT company. Soon they will be adding about 1,500 more channels to their HD lineup look forward to it. *new 5 lnb dish* <--- thats what its for ( two new sats launched)

Sat75,

The actual company line is 150 national HD and 1500 LIL HD capacity by the time ALL 4 of the new birds are up by the end of Q3 2007; SW1/2 and DTV10/11. DTV12 will be the on-ground spare. DirecTV does not currently have more HD, but it is coming. Also, we would be luck to have more than 50 HD broadcasters to fill that 150 national capacity by the end of this year.

Last edited:
and if you believe that, i'll see you some swamp land, here in florida.

after being lied to more times than i could keep count of, i canceled my account and told them i would never come back. this has to be the worse company i have ever dealt with. period, end of report!!!!!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)