Customer Service

wayne231

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Memphis, TN
I recently received a call from Dish Network asking if my service was satisfactory. I told them that my HDMI had gone a long time ago. They also asked me to run a check switch and it showed a LNB drift of -7. Whithin 2 days a new VIP622 was delivered to my house and within a week, Dish Network Service came and replaced the LNB. All at no cost and I did not have the DHPP at the time. Sometimes they do it right.

Sounds like an STB Health call. If your receiver is connected to a phone line (or Ethernet for ViP receivers), it will phone home to dish if it senses a problematic situation (unacceptable signal strength on home transponders, LNB Drift +/- a certain amount, missing Sats, etc) Dish will reveiw it and call you if they think they can fix it. If the issue is something that is Dish's fault, they will roll a tech at no charge. Glad to hear that Dish is actually using STB health for something useful now. Thanks for the positive story.

that's correct its an stb health call, because usually we do that and taht's one benifit of connecting a phoneline to your rcvr! .... sound a lot of fun!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)