CV Bandwidth Reclamation project

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cableguy79

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 17, 2006
Today I recieved notice that cv will start reclaiming bandwidth from the analog channels in preperation for the addition of numerous hd channels.
Any subscriber who does not subscribe to the digital package (iO) and loses a channel they wish to keep will be able to upgrade their package free of charge,and be able to recieve one....1 free SONY converter.
What happened last year when Rutledge said they have the capabilty of adding "many" hd channels currently. Furthermore, who the hell wants those piece of crap SONY converters, theyre good for nothing....I guess 34,000 extra converters says alot........FREE!

If they are giving the box for free the Sony box is the smart choice since it's mostly worthless now. The people effected will be Family cable subs who don't have a box so they won't need the ability to get SDV. Sounds like a great plan to me. Appease the people who are losing channels by giving them a free box and give those of us with HD boxes more bandwidth for new channels.

Cableguy, what system are you on?

Does anyone know what system's are going all digital that aren't already? Are they planning on doing it for everyone?

Also, what happens to folks who have a digital box but multiple analog tvs hooked up? Are they eligible for a free Sony converter? Edit -> just saw this Re: Any new HD channels coming? - dslreports.com

Last edited:
im on the woodbury system, and no, it only goes for subscribers who only have family, not iO.

Pardon the noob question, but are these SONY boxes HD?

they are if you have a firewire connection on your tv

edit

however you will not be able to get the voom channels as they are moving those to switched video so you will need an sa box

they are if you have a firewire connection on your tv

edit

however you will not be able to get the voom channels as they are moving those to switched video so you will need an sa box

My in-laws are part of the analog die-hards. They refused to upgrade to IO, even after they bought themselves an HD tv.

Their TV has an HDMI in as well as a component in, so even if they get the free SONY box they're not going to get any of the HD channels.

If the TV has a QAM tuner they should get the broadcast basic HD channels right from the coax.

Their TV does have a QAM tuner, so they get the broadcast networks. But they are also interested in getting the HD channels that are part of the Family Cable package.

Unfortunately, they don't want to pay Cablevision anything extra.

My in-laws are part of the analog die-hards. They refused to upgrade to IO, even after they bought themselves an HD tv.

Their TV has an HDMI in as well as a component in, so even if they get the free SONY box they're not going to get any of the HD channels.

that is correct the sony only has a firewire out for hd, and is not capible of switched video wich does make sense to me for them to give them out if your not going to be getting all of the channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts