CW 2016 Fall Lineup

Derwin0

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Peachtree City, GA
http://www.jacksonprogress-argus.co...cle_b091e511-afd1-551a-9a49-fff9ad2daa0a.html

The CW network will add two series, a drama and a romantic comedy, for fall, in addition to "Supergirl," picked up from CBS.

The network, which renewed almost its entire lineup, has too many shows to fit its 10 hours a week, so several fan favorites will hold for midseason. Delayed are "The 100," "The Originals," "iZombie" and "Reign."

“The CW has become known as the home of the best, most creative series on broadcast television, in a range of genres that appeal to the most balanced audience of any broadcast network," CW Entertainment president Mark Pedowitz said in announcing the new schedule in advance of an "upfront" presentation to advertisers in New York.

The CW's new series are:

"No Tomorrow"
A romantic dramedy based on a Brazilian series stars Joshua Sasse as a man who believes the apocalypse is around the corner and is living out a bucket list, with Tori Anderson as the woman who might love him.

"Frequency"
Peyton List is a police detective who hears from her late father (Riley Smith), a disgraced cop, via an old ham radio, giving her a chance to change history.

This is how the CW's week will look, with new series in bold:

MONDAY
"Supergirl,"
"Jane the Virgin"

TUESDAY
"The Flash,"
"No Tomorrow"

WEDNESDAY
"Arrow,"
"Frequency"

THURSDAY
"DC's Legends of Tomorrow,"
"Supernatural"

FRIDAY
"The Vampire Diaries,"
"Crazy Ex-Girlfriend"

Reactions: teachsac
Well that makes 5 days that I will be tuning in to the CW for shows that I or my family likes. Frequency is the series version of the movie that I liked from 2000. Swapped a son with a daughter. No Tomorrow doesn't interest me and neither does Jane the Virgin from last year. But you have me for all the super hero series and Supernatural /fantasy. Even love Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. It is a real hoot.

They should really theme the nights together.
Put Jane the Virgin with Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Supernatural with Vampire Diaries, and the DC stuff together.

Many of the shows put together really don't go well with one another.

Frequency is the series version of the movie that I liked from 2000. Swapped a son with a daughter.
I'm on the fence with this one.
The movie was great, but not really because of the concept. Dennis Quaid is really what made it work, and had me watch it multiple times. The scenes with him and his wife and buddy overshadowed anything from the son's timeline, and made the movie great without any of the timeline stuff.

And while the concept worked for a movie, hard to see how it can be successful in a tv series format.

Reactions: teachsac
The Superheroes of The CW Extended Trailer

Frequency First Look
Based on the somewhat-well-remembered 2000 Dennis Quaid flick, “Frequency” tells the tale of a detective who can talk to her deceased father via ham radio. Working together to solve crimes and patch over long-held grievances, the duo soon discover that they must also grapple with time-travel-like side effects of helping each other across the decades.

No Tomorrow
This CW comedy tells the story of a timid manager at an Amazon-like company. When she falls for a YOLO guy who insists the world is about to end, she is taught to live each day to the fullest. As the pair set out to complete their bucket lists, hijinks ensue.

Yeah, don't see either of the two new shows lasting long. Probably be quickly canceled and replaced by The Originals and The 100.

I'm on the fence with this one.
The movie was great, but not really because of the concept. Dennis Quaid is really what made it work, and had me watch it multiple times. The scenes with him and his wife and buddy overshadowed anything from the son's timeline, and made the movie great without any of the timeline stuff.

And while the concept worked for a movie, hard to see how it can be successful in a tv series format.
I agree. Quaid made the movie for me. The concept just doesnt translate into a long term TV show IMO. A miniseries maybe.

For me it's Arrow, Flash, Legends, Supergirl, V.D. , Originals. I gave up on Supernatural years ago after it turned into nothing but Angels & Demons.

Can a mod unsticky this thread (and the NBC one), as the start of the 2016 tv season has long passed. Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)