CW CH14 Springfield / Holyoke DMA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

KenStomski

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
Western Massachusetts
It used to be in this DMA that if you wanted the CW you needed to get a waiver, and you would get the affiliate out of Washington, DC. On the last few installs, I have noticed that CH14 is populating the guide, and just the other day the programming started to come thru. I have not received any communication in the blasts from Directv regarding this as they usually do when channels are changed / added / removed. Anyone have info on this?

Yes it looks like is part of the locals now

callsign/channel/TP/satellite
WSHM 3 18 D11 @99W
WSHM 3 25 D7S @119W
FOX 6 18 D11 @99W
FOX/MNT 6 25 D7S @119W
CW 14 8 D9S @101W
WWLP 22 18 D11 @99W
WWLP 22 25 D7S @119W
WGGB 40 18 D11 @99W
WGGB 40 25 D7S @119W
WGBY 57 18 D11 @99W
WGBY 57 25 D7S @119W

I thought I was crazy and had just missed that it was in the line-up when I was channel surfing.:D for the past few months. I was really suprised to see it. Do they usually just add channels like that with no notifications.? Of course there aren't very may locals around here anyway to add I do pick quite a few Ct ones with my OTA.

Since there is no local CW (local in the market) Directv could have imported Hartfords CW but instead went with the "blanket waver" one of Washington DC

Normally the only time locals are added from scratch is when a subchannel is associated with the Big 4 networks or a brand new station is launched
(or when there is a retransmission issue with the big 4 at launch)

Years ago when I cared about what was on the CW I got a waiver, and this Washington feed is what I received. The CW is starting to have a lot of programming for the 18-34 demo and I am sure Directv received many calls regarding not having a feed in Springfield/Holyoke.

What do they charge for CW if you get the waiver to get it out of DC? I think it is like $1.50 or $2.50, anyone have it and can confirm?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)