CW Eyeing Atom As Next DC Series – TCA

CW Eyeing DC Comics' Atom Series https://tv.yahoo.com/news/cw-eyeing-dc-comics-atom-214108948.html
Arrow and The Flash may soon have some super company at The CW.The Powers That Be behind the popular DC Comics TV series are in “very early talks” about a possible show centered on Atom/Ray Palmer.At the Television Critics Association winter press tour, executive producers Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg revealed that they are working on a “very general idea” related to the character Brandon Routh plays in Arrow.In addition to his myriad comic book appearances, Ray/The Atom — who can alter the size of his body as well as other objects — has turned up in numerous animated series, including, most recently, Cartoon Network’s Young Justice. Arrow marks one of the character’s rare live-action incarnations.CW president Mark Pedowitz obliquely referenced a possible Atom series during the panel, saying that the network would be “judicious” about expanding its DC fare. “Could there be another hour in that universe? Possibly. As long as there’s no audience fatigue.”The EPs wouldn’t elaborate on the project after the panel, saying only they weren’t allowed to comment further.Routh, meanwhile, described playing Ray Palmer/The Atom as “an amazing experience.”
“When [the Arrow role] was proposed, I was hesitant to step into DC world again,” said the former Superman Returns star. “I never thought it would happen and that I would play, in my mind, a pivotal character.”
Other highlights from the Arrow and Flash panel:
* Talking about the multitude of costumed crusaders in Starling City, Guggenheim noted, “Ray is on a slightly different track than the other members of Team Arrow. His connection is through Felicity.” Meanwhile, Oliver is “seeing the crusade grow beyond him,” which ties into the plan for Season 3.
* Star Stephen Amell learned of Oliver’s demise before Season 3 started shooting. “I personally love when there’s adversity for the protagonist,” he said. “If we don’t give other characters the opportunity to shoulder the load, then we give viewers nothing to attach them to. I’m excited for everyone’s opportunity.”
* “I’ve been waiting for this to happen and I’m excited and thrilled about it,” Katie Cassidy said of the transition to Black Canary. “She goes from avenging her sister to honoring her sister to becoming her sister.”
* Why no mask, Dig? “Heroes don’t need costumes,” David Ramsey replied.
* Dr. Wells is “the man in the yellow suit. Yes, I am Reverse Flash,” Tom Cavanagh confirmed.
* Eddie Thawne’s name on The Flash is “not an accident” and his connection to the comic book lore will “pay off big time in back half of the year,” Kreisberg teased.

CW Eyeing ‘Atom’ As Next DC Series – TCA https://tv.yahoo.com/news/cw-looking-expand-dc-comics-200721700.html
EPs Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg, and Marc Guggenheim, acknowledged this morning they’re in “very early talks” on the “very general idea” of an Atom series, expanding their DC comic empire at CW, beyond Arrow and The Flash.Last July, CW announced Brandon Routh had been signed to Arrow‘s third season, on a recurring basis, to play Atom, alter ego Ray Palmer, known for his ability to shrink and expand himself, and other objects, to advantage.“We haven’t dug deeper on” it and are “not allowed” to discuss it, Berlanti told TV critics at Winter TV Press Tour 2015.CW set the stage for DC comics news at the Press Tour with a heavily guarded display of character costumes.The addition would be no real surprise; Arrow is credited with helping define the CW — its latest iteration anyway — and The Flash now is the most watched show in the network’s history.Kreisberg — asked why so many superhero TV shows now — pointed to TV’s advances in special effects which he said allow the medium to better keep pace with feature film.

CW Plots Star-Studded 'Flash'/'Arrow' Spinoff

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/flash-arrow-team-up-spinoff-778156

The network is eying a star-studded spinoff featuring characters from Arrow and The Flash, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed

Arrow creators Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and Marc Guggenheim are behind the project, which would unite Arrow's Brandon Routh as Ray Palmer/The Atom and Caity Lotz whose Arrow character Sara Lance/Canary was killed off this season. It is unclear if she would revive the character or don a different identity. Also in the mix would be The Flash's Wentworth Miller, with the Prison Break alum playing Leonard Snart (the villainous Captain Cold) and Victor Garber as Dr. Martin Stein (one half of Firestorm).

Arrow/Flash 'Team-Up' Spinoff to Star Brandon Routh, Caity Lotz and Others https://tv.yahoo.com/news/arrow-flash-team-spinoff-star-011321806.html ‘The Flash’ & ‘Arrow’ DC Comics Superhero Spinoff in Development at CW https://tv.yahoo.com/news/flash-arrow-dc-comics-superhero-spin-off-development-010055450.html It's Official: The CW Is Developing a Combined Spin-Off of Arrow and The Flash https://tv.yahoo.com/news/official-cw-developing-combined-spin-140200025.html
The CW appears to slowly be transitioning to an "all comics, all the time" approach. According to Deadline, the network is in the early stages of developing a combined spin-off of Arrow and The Flash, a project that CW President Mark Pedowitz first teased in January at the Television Critics Association winter press tour. The potential series, which hails from Arrow creators Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg, and Marc Guggenheim, would feature several DC Comics characters who unite to form a team.

Arrow’s Caity Lotz says she’ll be in spin-off series with The Atom and Firestorm http://nerdreactor.com/2015/03/09/arrows-caity-lotz-spin-off-series/#LZfiPuS9SZRsYK6e.99
It’s reported that Caity Lotz, who played Canary in Arrow, would be returning into the CW’s DC universe. During a Fan Fest 2015 panel, Lotz said that her character will be back, but in a spin-off series that’s featuring Brandon Routh as The Atom and Victor Garber as Firestorm.When asked about how Canary, aka Sara Lance, is going to return, she had this to say.“Sara Lance definitely died in Episode 1 of Season 3 — oh, spoiler alert! Sorry if you’re not caught up,” she joked. “And then…has anybody heard about the spin-off? So there is a new show in development and I’m so excited to finally be able to talk about this. The Atom, Firestorm, my character and, so I guess that is a big thing that’s going on and everyone keeps asking me when they see on the Internet, ‘Well, you’re dead. How are you going to be in the new show? Is it just going to be flashbacks or are you playing a whole new character? Are you Sara Lance? I would love to tell you, but I think they might kill me.”The moderator jokes that nobody in comics never truly dies, with Lotz saying, “How many times have I died already? Sara Lance has died, I think three times, so you never know.”The series is expected to air in 2016 with 13 episodes.What do you think of Caity Lotz returning to the CW’s DC universe?
Fan Fest 2015 - Caity Lotz Panel....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)