CW feeds on 91

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cruzin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
michigan
I turned my c band dish by hand as still have not got my actuator working over to 91. I heard about the CW feeds and looked them up on Lyngsat. I thought they were in the clear.
Also a switch question on my setup. I am using a dual c band scalar feedhorn for c band. I ran 2 cables down one from each lnbf to the 13 and 18 v on my zinwell then it goes to a 1 x 4 diseqc switch. I get lots of transponders on this 91 sat, lots are scrambled but I do see some in the clear. Couple question about my setup.
Which lnb up on my feedhorn is v and which is h? Looking at it from the front I have one at 9 ocklock and one at noon can someone tell me which is which? and does it matter which I hook to the 13v and which I hook to 18v? And do I have to make a sat in my receiver for both of them and maybe label one 91-13 and 91-18.
Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
Have both coolsat 4000 and 5000. And that is great about in the clear. I have funeral and work to go to so will get to work on it later tonight. thanks folks.

With everyones help I got all 3 CW feeds working. I just need to figure out how to get both h and v to my receivers with the dual feedhorn I have. I have the one that is at 9 oclock going to vertical 13v on the zinwell and the one at 12 oclock going to the 18v on zinwell. The lnb on the left is 9 oclock and center is at 12.

Attachments

• PICT0028.JPG
    PICT0028.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 129
yes i put them in manually and rescan 3 or 4 times still nothing. strong signal but no picture.
When I entered them in I used channel master, just added them in gave them a name and did not rescan. I think that wipes them out doesnt it? when you scan.

When I entered them in I used channel master, just added them in gave them a name and did not rescan. I think that wipes them out doesnt it? when you scan.

bo. I've scanned 91 numerous times on the Coolsat 5000 after loggin in the CW channels. Since there is no PAT or PMT in datastream to change the info it wont change them. Just bypasses them over

i got a 100 signal and a 80 quality on my azbox input pid info still cannot get it on my 6 footer.:confused:

yes i put them in manually and rescan 3 or 4 times still nothing. strong signal but no picture.

I'm a bit confused relative to "rescan 3 or 4 times". For manual PID entry with the Azbox, there is no scanning involved. For example, to enter the CW E channel,

got to SETUP
TV-Channel
DVB-S
Advanced scan
PID edit
green key for add
enter.. channel name
pcr= 101
VPID= 101
video type mpeg-2
APID=102
audio type=mpeg-2
exit
exit

exit out, and go to the tv view section, and the channel is there.

I don't watch CW, so I didn't have it added, but to be certain, I just tried it, and the above procedure created the manual channel.

As was hinted at by another poster, I thought that perhaps actually scanning the transponder after doing the above might possibly delete the already created channel, so I tried that too, but the channel was still there. So the only thing left is that somehow you've entered the wrong parameters, like the wrong PIDs or the wrong audio or video type.

BTW, the Azbox has a GREAT manual pid entry function. My Coolsat 8100 cannot create manual channels that have AC3 audio or MPEG4 video, and does not have a channel editor that will let you do this. My Diamond 9000 can do both, but you have to use the channel editor for AC3, and you have to know what values to enter to get MPEG4. The Azbox, unlike any other receiver I've seen allows you to select MPEG4 video, and about 5 different kinds of audio right from the remote.

I was mistaken as I thought that scanning again would empty current information. sorry for misunderstanding or confusion.

i have done what bj said and still nothing. i was rescaning the tp.

? Strange. I don't think that firmware version would matter, but just in case, I'm using 0.9.2371 .

I assume that the 100/80 S/Q reading was on the 3720 transponder, and that it was reading that while you were in the Advanced scan / PID edit menu ?
Also, I'm not sure I understand whether you are saying that the channel was created, but doesn't work, or if the channel wasn't created?
If the channel was created, but didn't work, when in the TV viewing mode, you might hit the info button to bring up a S/Q meter, and see if you still have a lock. Also, hit OK to bring up the channel list, and check the Freq/SR/PIDs at the bottom, to make sure that they are correct.
If you're saying that the channel was never created, I'd guess that it actually was created, but you just aren't finding it. To simplify the search, when you are in TV mode and hit the OK to bring up lists of channels, hit exit, which takes you up to the top row, where it says ALL, Satellite, etc,etc. Choose Satellite, then down arrow into the satellites, hit blue button to put them in order, then find G17, and select that. There should be fewer channels displayed there, so it should be easier to find the channel you created.
Other than that, I just don't know. I initially had some problems scanning in certain channels, and actually had to re-load the firmware twice to get it working. I can't remember the symptoms, or what type channels they were. Also, I had significant issues trying to delete sats and channels, until I was able to load in channel data created via the channel editor. On my Azbox, the default channel data was corrupted, and things didn't work quite right until I managed to completely eliminate the original channel data. That's one reason that I'm hesitant to upgrade from my current firmware, until they come out with some significant improvement, since they say the different versions of channel editor are compatable with different versions of firmware, etc, so upgrading may involve completely starting over, and if you don't, you may end up with corrupted channel data.

Hi all, interesting thread! It got me curious so I tried finding CW this morning using my Pansat 3500SD. Advance scan then manual entry of the PIDs worked. It was a little confusing as the Pansat only displays AUTO where the PIDs are but I found if I select the AUTO then type in the number it worked. Now I'm curious about how many more (hidden) channels might be out there? How did you guys first find this? TSReader? Thanks, DC

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)