CW-HD

DataWave

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2006
I know there was a thread before about no CW in HD on dish, but its two years old, any new news on if/when dish will be making CW hidef?

DataWave

nope
CW Twin Cities isnt on Dish yet. They're owned by SINclair so it may be a while...I'm amazed they give it to us OTA for free (since they dont like to give anything away for free)

The ones where it was added were Tribune owned stations and usually areas where CW is owned by same folks that own a Big 4 station so they kinda tie them together (want to uplkink say NBC...ya gotta uplink CW too)

Well I am a little bit further north than the twin cities. So OTA wont work for me, I tried.. ah well. Guess SD or nothing for now

Duluth doesnt even have CW in SD on the locals (subchannel on CBS 3)...or do you still get WPIX as part of the locals?
I use to have WPIX as part fo the locals when I was in Duluth (a couple years ago)

Duluth doesnt even have CW in HD OTA ;)
3-2 in Duluth
11-3 in Chisholm/Hibbing

Ya I get WPIX along with WWOR, WSBK, KWGN and KTLA as part of the superstation package.

but where he is located there are only a couple options with spotbeams and location
-Duluth, MN (where he is located)
-Minneapolis (where we dont have CW in HD)

thats it

The CW affiliate for Columbus, OH was included when Dish turn on HD locals earlier this year. But, if the same company didn't run both the ABC and CW affiliates, I doubt we would have received the CW in HD. It's a safe bet that during negotiations for carriage of the ABC affiliate the station owner required the deal to include the CW affiliate at the same time.

What we are missing though is CBS-HD. Dish and WBNS-10TV have still not reached an agreement for carriage. (No PBS either, of course).

In the Denver locals package, KWGN (CW) is in HD. However I think it is only in SD on the Superstation package. MyTV in Denver is HD OTA, but NOT on Dish. I have to use OTA to see that station in full, glorious HD.