CW in HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

AllStarGuard

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Central Illinois
Hello everyone, new guy here. My system is being installed this morning and I am psyched! I will be subscribing to HD content as well as local channels. I noticed for my area (Champaign-Springfield-Decatur IL) that CW is not broadcast in HD. I do not care for that channel, but my wife watches the girlie shows. She is not very interested in HD because she has never viewed her shows in that format. I think that once she sees the quality she will be hooked.

Anyhow, do you think it will be possible to petition and obtain access to CW HD in another market? I have read quite a few posts where people have requested this change, but I could not find the process documented. Is it possible to retain my local channels and just receive CW from another market?

I guess what I am looking for is a standard letter to submit to the local station that sounds professional enough to have them grant the waiver.

Any help is appreciated.

First of all, since you already have a full-power CW affiliate, you are NOT going to get a DNS version at all! (either in SD or HD) D* does not even offer a DNS CW in HD anyway.

If you just wait a little while, most likely D* WILL eventually put up our local CW in HD - but in the meantime, the ONLY ways you are going to be able to get it, would be to use an antenna to pick it up OTA, which then you would need an OTA HD tuner, either built in your TV or one of the AM21's D* sells for their HD receivers. Or, you could "move" to an adjacent market such as Chicago, which DOES carry the CW in HD. (I actually have both, so I get the best of both worlds :D )

Other than that, D* is NEVER going to give you another CW affiliate, regardless of how many letters you write.

my local CW affilate (WBSF, Flint, MI) doesn't even have it own digital signal, its on the local NBC affilate's (WEYI) subchannel. its scheduled to move after 2/17 though. next door the Lansing, MI affilate is the same way, its on the subchannel of the ABC affiliate (WLAJ) for that market.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)