CW Network

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Joe Searfoss

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 22, 2004
Wellsboro, PA
Does DirectTV have any channels that broadcast the CW network ? They do not have locals in my area. I am eligable for distant locals but they do not list the CW network and we watch that channel a lot.

Thanks

What zip code? Seems you should use the DNS tool to see if you qualify, but I do not think anything other than the big 4 are on for DNS.

Last edited:
On SOME local markets that D* carries, that do NOT have a local CW affiliate, D* offers a CW affiliate from either Baltimore or San Diego (depending on your time zone) as part of the local channels package.

Otherwise, there is NO CW "distant" net that you can get a la carte.

I keep hearing rumors (as well as from a CSR) that they're trying to get a deal to offer CW as a DNS, but nothing yet. And I don't know how reliable that info. is either unfortunately.

I keep hearing rumors (as well as from a CSR) that they're trying to get a deal to offer CW as a DNS, but nothing yet. And I don't know how reliable that info. is either unfortunately.

Directv and The CW came to a DNS agreement back in mid-September. Directv does not yet offer an HD DNS feed though, just SD.

Give a call to D*; they should be able to offer you the CW affiliate they are using (it's either the Miami or Baltimore affiliate in the east, and San Diego in the west, IIRC)...

Where did you see or here this ? I called to check and they told me that CW was not offered as a distant network in SD or HD. The only way to get it is if it is available in you local channels.

Where did you see or here this ? I called to check and they told me that CW was not offered as a distant network in SD or HD. The only way to get it is if it is available in you local channels.

I sent an email to Direct yesterday and recieved a reply that the CW is not offered as distant net. but rather only as a local if the local area has a CW affliate. So with two of us getting the same answer, it almost makes this a fact ! :p

I work for a CW affiliate, I have the press release sitting in front of me. I have no idea why Directv says they don't offer it.

Care to post the press release here? I believe that there was never a general press release issued, only because I've never seen one on businesswire.com.

Perhaps they do not offer it yet but will soon, or perhaps the CSRs are not fully informed.

My recent experience signing up for HD DNS leads me to believe that DNS is one difficult subject to talk to D* about. When they don't fully understand, they give the easy answer--NO.

i get the cw network, but only b/c the bought out the wb or one of those type local stations. d* does offer it, if you are in an area where it is one of your local stations. its no different than any of the other locals.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)