ESPN Gameplan question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mikedz4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2004
The local ABC affiliate was supposed to show the Penn State vs Wisconsin game instead because Pitt is doing so well (6-2) they are showing extra coverage of the Pitt vs South Florida game from Tampa. Apparently someone didn't tell ESPN because they still have the Penn State game Blacked out. How can I get them to un black out the Penn State game?

i could be way off here, but i don't think espn is under any obligation to unblock it b/c the local is showing it or if they even could if they wanted to. i would say that espn's contract with the ncaa expressly prohibits them from allowing to be viewed in the blackout area no matter the reason, b/c the reason for the blackout is to ensure increased profits by the ncaa and schools through ticket sales. networks aren't under any contractual obligation like that to the ncaa or espn. the networks do have the various conf. deals, but that would have no bearing on your situation.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)