CW question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Kanati

Original poster
Jun 10, 2006
I have locals so they are provided with my package... But my CW channel here is digital only on a subchannel (19-2). The dvr that I built (sagetv) isn't really set up to handle subchannels (no epg data for it, though I think I can force it to change to that channel), so I called to get the national CW channel (385?) and was told I couldn't have it. :confused: :confused: :confused:

I'm sorry... but WTF!? I think I made a few choice four letter comments to the lady and she said something about a minimum of a 45 day process where she would file for a waiver and see if my local CW channel would LET me have the dish national channel.

I never needed anything like that on Dish. I just called them and said I wanted their extended locals for CW and got LA and NY channels for a small fee per month. Is this the kind of thing I can expect from DirecTV?

The CW channels on Dish fall under superstation rules, and are easier to get. You can get them almost anywhere,except where a local channel asks for them to be blocked. The CW channel on Directv falls under distant network rules which require a waiver if you live in a grade a or b reception area.

Darrell is correct. Dish had the Superstation package which is easier to get unless you live in an area where they invoke the syndex exclusive clause (like Philly)

IN your area DirecTv hasnt decided to carry the CW station. However, whatever station the CW is linked to (you didn't list your location) decided to not allow DirecTV to carry the national feed to your area. Pretty much they're saying "well if you don't carry our station we ain't gonna let anyone get the national feed"

I know Dish was carrying WPIX & KTLA to specific markets as part of the locals (my local area, Duluth MN had WPIX included with the locals)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts