CW600S Premium set up help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

banjomaniac

Original poster
Jan 4, 2014
nc
I had this Captive Works box set up years ago and dug it out of the closet. I would like to set it up to receive all the FTA channels I can here in Eastern NC. Any suggestions on how to get started and what English language channels can I get? Right now it is getting scrambled DN channels so do I need to do a factory default reset or what?

banjomaniac

Your probably need to reset and maybe look for stock firmware for it, instead of Hackware. Although some hackware works better on some receivers, for true FTA. I have never owned one of those boxes so can't tell you much about it. It is DVBS only so it would be good for the stuff on G19, and a few other channels here and there but other than that, I would get a newer receiver.

Welcome to the forum banjo!

welcome :wave

as someone who did own a CW600 back when they came out (got it as a sample to try out) I hate to say it but that receiver at the time was designed mainly to steal. I tried to use it for FTA and while it works fine for a single dish setup or maybe 2 separate dishes it has no blind scan which is really important if you want to pick up the feeds out there (news and sports) and the motor option is shaky at best.

As ke4est mentions, it will work fine for a G19 (97W0 setup. If you really want to get into FTA with a motorized setup and HD feeds, upgrading from that is pretty much a necessity

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts