Contest: Enter to Win a Titanium Satellite ASC1 Actuator and Polarity Controller - Ends 01/02/2014 M

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Titanium

AI6US
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
May 23, 2013
Meadow Vista, Northern California
Enter to Win!!!
atsa00002.jpg
atsa00001.jpg

Titanium Satellite
is now shipping the ASC1!

The ultimate satellite dish positioner and polarity controller returns automatic positioning and polarity setting with any satellite receiver using standard DiSEqC 1.2! Any family member can now simply choose a channel on your DVBS or S2 STB and the ASC1 will automatically move the dish and select the correct polarity and skew offset on a Polorotor mechanical polarity servo system. You will no longer need an analog or 4DTV receiver and multiple remotes to select the correct satellite or change polarities just to watch a channel or scan a satellite. No more paper lists taped to the wall beside the TV with a check list of buttons to push or another translating an obsolete 2 character satellite designation to the correct and current satellite name. Yes, unattended satellite scanning of single or multiple satellites and both polarities is enabled using only the scan feature of your favorite satellite receiver!

Rugged milled aluminum case with textured black finish looks great and is built to last! The hardware and software has been custom designed and engineered specifically for the ASC1 project. Every function and feature was developed to meet the needs of a hobbyist system. The ASC1 can be used on any AC power source 90-240 and uses the international standard IEC C-14 plug with user changeable fuse. The screw terminal strip securely connects up to a 12 gauge wire and supplies the highest voltage and current of any consumer controller, 36VDC at 5 amps. The F-fitting output passes 22Khz/DiSEqC commands from the F-fitting input and provides 450mA user selected options of 13/18Vdc, reversed 18/13, fixed 18, fixed 13 and Off. RS-232 serial port allows for PC connection enabling firmware updates, satellite list saving, loading and editing and sharing. CE and ETL certified.

How to Enter:

Respond to this thread and tell us a short story about a past or present holiday tradition in your family.

Is it the white elephant gift that is repeatedly re-gifted each year? Maybe it is caroling at the neighbors or volunteering for a local charity? Midnight bonfires, fireworks, polar bear swims or snowmobiling to a remote cabin?

Small print: This contest is open to any member who is in good standing. One entry per Member. Contest ends 11:59 pm, PDT, 1/02/2014. One winner will be selected at random on January 3rd, 2014. If a winner does not respond to the SatelliteGuys posted notification within 10 days, the prize will be forfeited and will be offered to another contestant by random drawing.

This prize will be shipped free of charge to any US or Canadian residential or commercial address. If you are outside of the continental US or Canada, you will be responsible for all shipping cost. The winner is responsible for all brokerage and/or customs fees.

Happy Holidays and Good Luck to All SatelliteGuys Members!

*Contest SatelliteGuys approved

Last edited:
Our tradition lately has become to spend the holidays between Christmas and New Years with our son in Columbus, Ohio. Really, doesn't seem so exciting, but it is nice to be with family during the holidays, and that is what we do.

We celebrate Christmas the European way with a family meal on Christmas Eve, followed by an evening together and presents are opened before going to bed. My wife and I began a family tradition of o a special meal of beef tenderloin which is quite expensive and reserved for this occasion.
After spending eleven years overseas, the first Christmas together was in Virginia. Our son had come to visit for the holidays. As usual something was needed at the last minute from the store and my son and I went to the commissary at Quantico to shop. As I walked past the meat department, I saw several beef tenderloins marked down to a ridiculous price. I grabbed three of them and took them home with me. After showing the bargain to my wife, I put them in the freezer.
About a month later, we remembered them and decided to have a special meal, even though it wasn’t the holiday season. We took one of the tenderloins out of the freezer to thaw out. When it became time to begin the meal, we opened the wrapping and had quite a shock. The package had been mislabeled and was actually beef tongue! After the initial surprise we had quite a laugh. Actually beef tongue is quite delicious when prepared properly, but it isn’t tenderloin!
This story has become one that is told over and over during the Christmas season and brings back fond memories and plenty of laughs.

our new Holiday tradition is just to try to gather as a family (even with friends) and have a great time :)

good luck everyone, have a Merry Christmas and thanks Titanium Satellite Brian Gohl

I usually smoke a bird of some sort in the smoker. Then its lunch followed by some cold ones.:cheers:

Mom & Pop's tradition started on our first "wedding day after"--- singing in Cantatas. We had practiced and were ready for the 1975 Cantata, but since we got married Saturday night, it looked like we probably would not make it for the Sunday performance. But with the snow, we were in town, and although we did not make it to church in the morning, the roads were clear enough to make it on Sunday night. We have missed very few in the last 38 years - mostly while visiting families for Christmas. We got our picture in the local paper this year, singing together with the group.

Our traditional Christmas was opening one present on Christmas Eve, and the rest on Christmas morning. Then later sitting down to a large dinner. My mother was from Hungary, and was a very good cook.

Church on Christmas Eve, followed by family carol-singing...stockings and presents on Christmas morning. Big meal mid-day on Christmas. These are our family traditions.

There is a White elephant gift that keeps going around each year at our office party. It is a Spencer's Gifts 4 glass set. The kind that the clothes disappear on the models when the glass has a cold drink in it. I have passed this one on twice now. I hope it doesnt come back for a few years this time.

My family's holiday tradition is putting out luminarias along the street - paper bags filled with sand and has a candle. It's very popular thing to do in New Mexico and even though I'm the only one who usually participates in my neighborhood, in Old Town Albuquerque there is a large luminaria display every year on Christmas Eve that is very popular for a walking tour or to take a bus tour of the luminaria-filled neighborhoods.

The past tradition for Christmas day was for the whole family to gather at my parents' place at the farm, nice big house with room for a big dining room table. We would all help with the preparations, carving the turkey etc. Lots of great memories. These days my family has mostly moved away between two Provinces and four States so it's difficult to all get together. Really miss the good old days but we do a lot of traveling to catch up, not always on Christmas but during various times of the year, and I really enjoy travelling around the continent, so all is good!
-C.

We're a little nuts.

At family gatherings around Christmas my brother and I crack walnuts by holding them in one hand and slamming them quickly against our foreheads. This nutty business started when we were teenagers in the 1970s.

Not all that hard to do. Just turn the walnut so the ridge is 90 degrees to your skull, and make sure you hit hard enough to break it, cuz it really hurts if it doesn't pop open and absorb some of the striking energy.

And don't ever, ever, lay one on the floor and try to head-butt it open. Ouch :eek:

On Christmas Eve we get stuff ready for Christmas dinner, then open one present each and usually watch Christmas specials on TV.

One family tradition in times gone by is a large Christmas Eve party my Aunt held every year. Family and friends from all over made long trips to be there, old neighbors, friends of friends, and extended families in all their forms were invited. The number of people that drifted in and out of the party some years easily hit triple digits.

now that dad and mom have passed on, the wife and I go south to st Louis for Christmas and Kansas city for new years. south is better in the winter time instead of having the kids drive up north into usually bad weather. and I like getting some milder weather in the wintertime and enjoying the grandkids for a nice visit. charlie

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts