Status
Please reply by conversation.

tuberadio

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 9, 2010
Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
Hey everyone...

As I rarely ever post on forums, because I Google the HELL out of questions I have.... I have come across a question Google just can't answer! I have my miniBUD pointed over at G17 @ 91W... on my Coolsat 6000, I get The CW mux no problems with a 70% quality on the miniBUD (Andrews 1.2M Offset w/ WSI DMX241 LNBF FYI!)... Now I have added the Video/Audio PID's manually on that receiver... So no problems there.

But, this stupid CaptiveWorks CW-800S.... I have had nothing but a terrible time with it. Lucky me, I got it for a deal from a friend at work for $40. Back to the problem.. I do my blind scan on Galaxy 17, get all the usual stuff... but how in the world do I manually enter the PID's for the CW stations so I can watch them? I have Googled for days, and possibly I have missed it.

Anyone have any ideas?

did you enter the PCR id. if not it should be the same as the video pid.
I don't know if this will help, I have a pansat and under the scan options
there is advanced scan. You can scan the tp with the manual enter pid's.
Good Luck.

actually for the CW the PCR is the same as video

video/audio/pcr

101/102/101
201/202/201
301/302/301

I dont have my CW anymore so I forget how to add a manual PID entry. But if I remember (memory foggy) there is a transponder scan and you can change pids there. But like I say my memory is kinda foggy ;)

Awesome, Ill have to try doing a manual scan... Why did I never think of this :p

Once I get the CW going, I will post how I got it to work... Just in case someone else has the same question.

Hey,

I got it going, it was under manual search as Iceberg suggested. Just throw the PIDs in the advanced search, hit OK... and presto away you go. The chan will appear, nameless in your channel list..... I now have all 3 CW on the G17 onm the CW800S...

I still dont like this receiver that much even after I got it configured how my Coolsat 6000 is... The Coolsat 6000 just seems more 'user friendly'....

Thanks for the help guys!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)