Cyclical remote dropout on Freq B

JJinVista

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
I have a VIP722 DVR running in dual TV mode. I have 3 TV2s in various rooms of the house with a 6.3 IR / UHF remote for each.

In experimenting with the best settings for the UHF remotes I discovered that in using the frequency B setting on the remotes, I'll get a 3 to 7 second dropout about every minute or so where the remote won't communicate with the receiver. I could be in the middle of flipping through channels, or stepping thru a recorded event - doesn't matter what the function is - there's a sudden loss of communication.

Thinking it might be some other wireless appliance interfering with the system, I tried unplugging my wireless router, and my cordless phones, but the condition persists. Changing the remote address within frequency B didn't help either.

I'm in a rural location, so I don't think any of my neighbors could be causing interference.

I finally went back to frequency A and everything works fine. Anybody experience a similar problem?

UHF Pro Band B (TV1 and TV2) (394.3Mhz & 388.3Mhz) interference in there somewhere, possibly not penetrating the walls

I have a VIP722 DVR running in dual TV mode. I have 3 TV2s in various rooms of the house with a 6.3 IR / UHF remote for each.

In experimenting with the best settings for the UHF remotes I discovered that in using the frequency B setting on the remotes, I'll get a 3 to 7 second dropout about every minute or so where the remote won't communicate with the receiver. I could be in the middle of flipping through channels, or stepping thru a recorded event - doesn't matter what the function is - there's a sudden loss of communication.

Thinking it might be some other wireless appliance interfering with the system, I tried unplugging my wireless router, and my cordless phones, but the condition persists. Changing the remote address within frequency B didn't help either.

I'm in a rural location, so I don't think any of my neighbors could be causing interference.

I finally went back to frequency A and everything works fine. Anybody experience a similar problem?
Leave the remote on Band A.
Question: Is there a wireless alarm system in the home? Are there any other devices in or near your home that are transmitting any type of RF?

Nope - no wireless alarm system in the house. No other RF devices in the home that I'm aware of.

It's a strange pattern because I can sit there and repeatedly hit a key on the remote during the 3 to 7 second dropout, and after that interval, the remote will come alive again and begin functioning again. Happens will all 3 remotes, so it must be either the receiver or some outside influence.

I've tried walking directly up to the receiver's UHF antenna during the dropout and with almost no separation between the remote and the receiver's antenna, the remote continues to have no effect on the receiver. To me, that seems like it's either an abnormally strong external signal that's jamming the airwaves, or a receiver glitch.

Yes, I've switched back to band A and am operating fine, but just thought I'd weigh in on this anomaly.

if you want to test interference you have to take the antenna off, with it connected its still pulling in noise. i had someone with a water heater that caused uhf issues.... kinda strange!

Nope - no wireless alarm system in the house. No other RF devices in the home that I'm aware of.

It's a strange pattern because I can sit there and repeatedly hit a key on the remote during the 3 to 7 second dropout, and after that interval, the remote will come alive again and begin functioning again. Happens will all 3 remotes, so it must be either the receiver or some outside influence.

I've tried walking directly up to the receiver's UHF antenna during the dropout and with almost no separation between the remote and the receiver's antenna, the remote continues to have no effect on the receiver. To me, that seems like it's either an abnormally strong external signal that's jamming the airwaves, or a receiver glitch.

Yes, I've switched back to band A and am operating fine, but just thought I'd weigh in on this anomaly.
My only conclusion is there muts be some kind of terrstrial intyerference in or near your home.
If Band A is functional, keep it there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts