D.C. HD CBS Pixelization

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ncfuser

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
Frederick, MD
I am having this problem only with my local CBS HD channel.
The top third of the picture seems to be pixelating in and out. It happens during shows in HD and shows not in HD.
anyone in D.C. having this problem.
I am using the h-20

ncfuser said:
The top third of the picture seems to be pixelating in and out. It happens during shows in HD and shows not in HD.
I am using the h-20

For what it's worth, out here in San Diego our CBS HD is not so great either. In comparison to NBC HD & ABC HD.

ncfuser said:
I am using the h-20

I'm having the same problem. For me it's usually around the face area for some reason. Kind of odd actually.

Same problem local Sacramento Ca CBS, while watching CSI last night had yet another problem on both antenna and Direc HD feed. CBS has got a problem with their HD.

I am in Detroit and CBS is just fine however my FOX channel has the same problem. FOX in Detroit in channel 2, not sure if that has anything to do with it. I have a tech coming out this afternoon to work on the problem however I don't think that he will be able to fix it. I suspect the problem lies with the sat transmission of Local Hd's.

afulkerson said:
I am in Detroit and CBS is just fine however my FOX channel has the same problem. FOX in Detroit in channel 2, not sure if that has anything to do with it. I have a tech coming out this afternoon to work on the problem however I don't think that he will be able to fix it. I suspect the problem lies with the sat transmission of Local Hd's.

Let us know what the tech says. My money isn't on the dish/receiver, but rather on the transmission of the local HD via MPEG4.

Detroit FOX hd channel.

The tech just left and had never seen this before. He would file his report with DirecTv this week on fri. He has the same setup as mine but he doesn't watch the FOX channel and would check if his channel 2 from 103 sat had the same problem. He is a tester for Directv and gets some new HD channels that the rest of us don't. He said if the problem does not get better to call back in and they would change out the rcvr anr/or the dish. He suspects that there is some kind of interferce but could not say what the problem is. We will wait and see!!!!

I seriously doubt you are the only one that problem with hd locals, they are a mess all over the nation. CBS is also the most prone to problems in Boston, though it actually has the best lip synch.

My DC CBS has the pixelization problem but my NY DNS CBS does not. Leads me to believe it is a MPEG4 issue. Lip sync problems are mainly on DC ABC.

I have had the exact same problem with CBS MPEG-4 in NYC from day one. This has never been resolved. After many years, I am very, very close to dropping Directv altogether. After all the hype, MPEG4 is becoming a dud.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)