D* channel 8099??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Beavis

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 13, 2005
Today I turned it to channel 855 thinking that the launch was still being broadcast. It's not so I channeled up and for some reason it changed to channel 8099. "Channel Unavailable" was on the banner but the "acquiring guide data. Please stand by." message was at the bottom of the screen. I haven't heard about any engineering channels being used at the moment. Anyone else getting 8099? I have SD-HBH's, and it's happening on all 3. This is strange/interesting/weird all in one.

It's on Transponder 14, btw.

My SD-HBH will only key 3 digits, so I couldn't tune it manually, but I did manage the same chnl up "trick" as you. It stayed on acquiring guide data for about 3 mins before I changed it so my assumption is it needs to be looking at a sat other than 101/110/119 which is all I have. Maybe 72.5 or 95 or one of the new sats in test.

My SD-HBH can only do 3 digits as well, unless the dash is used, but that's for something else entirely. I'm thinking it's the 95 sat cause some of the international channels are 4 digits long. Glad to know that it's not just me.

I have a 72.5 sat and went to 8099 All I get it Regular Schedule (Channel Not Available) No Acquiring Guide message.

What's odd is that it's not in the guide. If I turn it to 855 I get channel unavailable. if I arrow up once I get 8099. I arrow up once more I get my local channel 2. I arrow down and it goes to 851. My guide jumps from 851 to 2, which it's supposed to do.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts