D/FW OTA Question

glenn z

SatelliteGuys Guru
Dec 3, 2003
Well, I got home all fired up about this update. Now I can't get my CBS OTA Digital feed to show up in the program guide. I can do Add DTV in the locals and it locks at 90%. Then I hit save and it's gone. Anybody else having a similar problem? It was fine yesterday. :rolleyes:

Guderian

SatelliteGuys Family
Nov 10, 2003
Saginaw, TX
CBS worked fine for me yesterday as well. I just checked it and the signal was bouncing from 49% to 90% then back to 49% and would drop. I moved my antenna just a little bit and it is coming in clear now. I never removed it from the locals though.

MattJ

Oct 4, 2003
My Digital Locals were working fine before the update, after reading your post I tuned to 11-1 (CBS broadcast on 19) and it worked fine. But when I tuned to another channel and checked the guide it was gone. I put it back, tuned to it again looked fine, signal at about 90%, but when I tune away it is removed from the guide. This is the only channel that it happens on.

I assume it has something to do with the PSIP data and something that Dish changed in the up-grade to 262. This really annoying now.

StevenD

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Nov 18, 2003
n
I'd like to tell y'all that the update screwed up my 811 as well. However, I HAVENT RECEIVED MY DAMN 811 YET!!!

I ordered it on Dec 4, and they have rescheduled 3 times now!!!!!!!!!

Guderian

SatelliteGuys Family
Nov 10, 2003
Saginaw, TX
Ok, I played around with the guide some more and CBS disappeared from the guide like you two experienced. I rescanned and it showed up as 19-01 on the guide and has stayed since.

Sorry to hear you haven't received yours yet StevenD. When you get it it will be worth the wait. I have had a steady stream of guests since Saturday checking it out and everyone has come away impressed.

heirway

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Rolesville, NC
Ok, I played around with the guide some more and CBS disappeared from the guide like you two experienced. I rescanned and it showed up as 19-01 on the guide and has stayed since.

Guderian,
I too have have lost CBS channel 11 from the guide. I did a rescan, and like you, it comes up as 19-01. It looks like the channel mapping is messed up. It use to map OK prior to this new release.

glenn z

SatelliteGuys Guru
Dec 3, 2003
I can also see it mapped as 19-01 but I can't see it in the guide. I'll try again tonight but I'm pretty sure my guide view was all channels.

Guderian

SatelliteGuys Family
Nov 10, 2003
Saginaw, TX
After checking at www.attenaweb.com, the CBS affiliate is supposed to be at 19-01. But I checked the Dallas OTA thread on the AVS forum and some show CBS on 11-01 some on 19-01. Here is a list of local digitals from
the attenaweb.com site.

* yellow WFAA-DT 9 ABC Dallas TX Now Live 124°
* yellow KERA-DT 14 PBS Dallas TX Now Live 123°
* yellow KTXA-DT 18 UPN Fort Worth TX Now Live 127°
* yellow KTVT-DT 19 CBS Fort Worth TX Now Live 123°
* yellow KUVN-DT 24 UNI Garland TX Now Live 123°
* yellow KMPX-DT 30 DAY Decatur TX Under Review 84°
* yellow KDAF-DT 32 WB Dallas TX Now Live 127°
* yellow KDFW-DT 35 FOX Dallas TX Now Live 124°
* yellow KDFI-DT 36 IND Dallas TX Now Live 127°
* yellow KXTX-DT 40 TEL Dallas TX Now Live 123°
* yellow KXAS-DT 41 NBC Fort Worth TX Now Live 123°
* yellow KPXD-DT 42 PAX Arlington TX Now Live 123°
* yellow KDTN-DT 43 PBS Denton TX Now Live 127°
* yellow KSTR-DT 48 UNI Irving TX Now Live 127°
* yellow KFWD-DT 51 IND Fort Worth TX Now Live 123°

here is the link to the Dallas OTA HD thread at AVS.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=263482&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

Kevin_Texas

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 26, 2003
Burbs of Dallas Texas
I am too losing the OTA CBS. It worked fine before the upgrade. I will try and do rescan tonight and see if that helps.

I would have worked on it last night but went and saw LOTR-Return of the King. Awesome flick.

alleykat26

Dec 18, 2003
Check out the Dallas Home Theater Group (http://dhtg.napurano.com/).
Many of the local broadcasting engineers participate and there are a number of topics dealing with channel 11 coming up as 19-1 over the last few weeks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)