D* HD receivers + OTA + cable

Status
Please reply by conversation.

umbighouse

Original poster
Feb 28, 2005
I am a former D* customer, currently a Comcast customer, and ready to come back to D*. I am looking at the different HD receivers available, and it looks like there are good things said about the RCA DTC210, not such good things about the Sammy units. Also good things about the D* H10.

My situation is this- I have an SA Tivo (Humax DRT800 w/DVD recorder). I'm not interested in the DTivo, and will use the Tivo to IR the channels on the D*. While the Tivo can accept D*, OTA, and cable inputs, I'm also looking for an HD receiver that can do this. It looks like all might be able to except the H10. Is this true? Anyone have any other recommendations for receivers, such as the LG LSS3200A?

Thanks in advance.

p.s.- anyone have any success with an SA Tivo and serial control (or the low speed data port) to change channels on the D* unit?

I've had a Sammy 360 for over a year now (part of the D* $99 deal) and have had no problems at all. If you follow some of the threads about folks having problems, you'll find a number of them were caused by people stacking boxes on top of the sammy. The thing runs a tad hot and you *can't* do that.

Here is the manual

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/200401/20040108080124609_SIR-TS360.pdf

You'll see both Cable and OTA inputs as well as the sat input. I use my OTA input for local digital stations (no local HD OTA). The signal meter for OTA is crap or at least is was the last time I looked which was a year ago.

Tim

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts