D* HD Transponder List - 99.2 and 102.3

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HDTVFanAtic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 23, 2005
EDIT 7/11/2006

What can I say. As of the update this morning, this list that we have put together is hopelessly outdated.

According to the new firmware, only 6 transponders on the Ka birds are operational, which makes no sense.

More on this as it develops.

It makes absolutely no sense, but they seem to have cut the entire Country down to 6 transponders (Albeit Spotbeams).

Last edited:
my h20 brings up 101 by default when i used your selection methoid. i'll post in the morin the signals/tp im seeing in columbus, oh. bc right now we have a rain storm comming through as i type n gahanna.

In Oklahoma we have no signal on either but see 16 transponders on 99 and 24 on 103 but no signal on either ....

mike_augie said:
In Oklahoma we have no signal on either but see 16 transponders on 99 and 24 on 103 but no signal on either ....

You see this is interesting as it means even though you are very close to Dallas, the Spotbeams are tight enough that you aren't seeing any spillover.

That's exactly the kind of clues we need to figure out what they are actually doing.

Although I know exactly what "moving" is, please explain this theory within the above "gained knowledge".

Last edited:
charper1 said:
Although I know exactly what "moving" is, please explain this theory within the above "gained knowledge".

Here we go again. Easy killer. :p

I think they want to know the spot ranges for locals so if need be, can pick up the signal being in relative range of the signal but at a different declared address.

Last edited:
Brewer4 said:
Here we go again. Easy killer. :p

I think they want to know the spot ranges for locals so if need be, can pick up the signal being in relative range of the signal but at a different declared address.

OK I know what "moving" is, but I want you to explain what does having 1000+ people enter signal strength transponder data based on DMA will do for other users.

I am simply trying to learn what you guys are attempting to discover. So no need to try to manufacture some sort of conflict (to later claim you were trying to be funny) with your "here we go again" and "easy killer" comments. If you don't want to provide the answers, just move along.

What is different than using the zip code DB tool provided?

I mean if I live just outside the Chicago DMA, why can't I just look at a zip map and test new "moved to" zips with the tool DirecTV provides to decide where to move?

Last edited:
It's about knowing far the hd spot beams go and how strong you can get them from your present location. I don't really think you are getting it as far knowing where one can be able to "move" without really moving and get certain hd locals. There is no existing tool that tells you this, besides that website that has data for sd locals, which doesn't help with hd locals.

Last edited:
Questioner said:
It's about knowing far the hd spot beams go and how strong you can get them from your present location. I don't really think you are getting it as far knowing where one can be able to "move" without really moving and get certain hd locals. There is no existing tool that tells you this, besides that website that has data for sd locals, which doesn't help with hd locals.

Yep, not yet I don't yet - Q.

I understand posting all the data can lead to knowing about how large the spot beam footprints might be, but in the end it all boils down to the zip code database and the zip code one lists for their service address correct?

So even if all the posted user data shows that my county is 100% covered by a beam, unless the new "moved to zip" I choose is in that DMA I want, I still can't receive it right? Regardless of beam coverage.

So is what you are trying to discover is if/when "moving" just won't work?

Last edited:
HDTVFanAtic said:
And if you feel that information is worthless, so be it. Like other threads on this board, if this does nothing for you, please just don't visit us any longer.

And I am waiting for the 2nd person to enter info - much less the 1000th. I assure you we will never get to triple digits, much less quad digits.

And if you feel that information is worthless, then you clearly are closed minded.

Luckily most early adopters are not.

Thanks for stopping by.

You need to READ and READ TO UNDERSTAND what people are saying! Your comments are just another one trying to egg some sort of confrontation. If you do not want to explain the details then just ignore and move on.

I said I am trying to LEARN. Trying to see what this process is trying to do compared to the zip code tools already provided. I NEVER said that it was worthless.

So learn read fully before you reply!

Last edited:
In other words YOU don't know how to answer the questions I asked? RIGHT?

I hijacked the thread by asking questions; and trying to understand the process?

How about just answering the questions instead of attacking me and making false claims?

charper1 said:
In other words YOU don't know how to answer the questions I asked? RIGHT?

I hijacked the thread by asking questions; and trying to understand the process?

How about just answering the questions instead of attacking me and making false claims?

Charper1. Please try to understand this. Nobody is mad that you ask questions. But you come across as arrogant at times with your posts. They read as belittling the person. I try to come back at you with some sarcasm and humor to try to lighten things up so I am removing that and just flat out telling you that you need to see you dont come across as nice and sincere in your questioning. Thats all. No jokes, no sarcasm, no name calling. We've been around this before. I hate that threads get away from topics and I certainly contribute at times. But I think if you ask the questions or provide your input in a different manner, it might have better results. Thats all.

HDTVFanAtic said:
Despite many asking and despite many searchs, there is still no list of what transponders for HD-LIL D* is using around the Country.

If I could ask everyone - or atleast one person in a Market to take 60 seconds and post what market you are in and the signal you are seeing from the 99 and 102 signal strength guide it would help us back end how they are putting this together.

If you tune to the HD LIL channel and then hit menu - go to the signal strength, the satellite and transponder noted should be the one from the local HD LIL you were watching.

Then by looking at the guide for 99 Net 11 and 103 Net 14 and reporting any transponders that are not marked N/A or 0.

So for example, if you could post - and this is an Example ONLY:

NY
WABC 103 - T29
WCBS 103 - T29
WNBC 103 - T29
WYNY 103 - T29

99 -

No active Transponders

T13 = 91
T29 =91
T25 = 91

If we can get the cooperation, I will update the top post here with the info.

Atlanta GA

t3=25
t6=10
t7= 14

t4= 80
t8= 74
t16= 69
i hope this is what you need if not let me know:confused:

I dont have locals yet but this is what I am getting for Hartford/New Haven.

t4 = 100
t9 = 100

t3 = 65
t6 = 91
t7 = 65
t14 = 88
t15 = 74

Good Idea.
This is for Southern California.

t31 = 20 (I don't know what city this could possibly be. Maybe a 'test' wide focus spot beam?)

t22 = 100 Los Angeles HD Locals
t30 = 97 San Diego HD Locals

Halo said:
Good Idea.
This is for Southern California.

t31 = 20 (I don't know what city this could possibly be. Maybe a 'test' wide focus spot beam?)

Las Vegas was just announced, so they may be testing that beam.

in the Detroit area signal is as follows:

99 net 11

t15 36
t19 40
all the rest are zero or n/a

103 net 14

t3 40
t5 80
t7 33
t9 83
t13 85
t15 52
all the rest are zero or na

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)