DVR line Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rhathawy

Original poster
Aug 25, 2005
I have or will have the following equipment - HR20 and R15. Tech showed up to install HR20, but didn't have one with him. He brought R-15. Workorder showed HR-20, but he said he didn't read workorder. DTV gave me $200.00 credit cause I complained loud and hard. He also installed a 3x4 multiswitch even though I told him it wouldn't work with At-9 dish. I had to unhook it after he left to get my HD locals back. He will be back tommorow morning with HR-20. But I digress:)

I have run 2 RG-6 lines to each unit. I know I don't need a multiswitch for this setup but the genious wants to install one. I told him to bring back a Zinwell WB68 to work with the AT9. I figure it can't hurt since it will allow me to expand later if I need to.

Fianlly, my question. This tech says we only need to use the 2 wires currently running from the AT9 down to the multiswitch. Then my 4 wires will connect to the multiswitch to the DVRs. Will this give me full functionallity or does there need to be 4 wires running from the dish to the multiswitch?

Systems installed and working great. Tech was a decent guy. He said he had recieved no training on onstalling DVRs. He called back to a more experienced installer and confirmed what had been stated on here concerning a correct install. I showed him this website and he thought it was a great learning tool.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)