D Hdtv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

atltechguy

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2004
I am sure this has been posted somewhere here, but I had to ask. I am thinking of comming back to D. I miss my TiVo. Will D add more HDTV channels once the new sat goes up? Thanks.

No, not at this time, the 7s is only for local feeds, but only time will tell, they may end up using it for HD feeds, if it gets delayed much longer. But, you may see network HD feeds going on it, but you can only get them if you are in an O&O market or get a waiver. However, they are epected to "double" their HD lineup by years end, but at this pace, I don't see it happening.

DIRECTV has a ton of locals on national beams. With the addition of D-7s they will be able to move these to spot beams. They will then have more national beams available for things like less compression, more HDTV, and new channels.

Its only 2004. Remember sooner or most likely later, ALL channels will have to be in the HDTV format.

wa1hog said:
Its only 2004. Remember sooner or most likely later, ALL channels will have to be in the HDTV format.
There is no mandate to broadcast in HD. You are confusing it with SD digital. all broadcast's must be in at least SD digital by the end of 2006, with no analog broadcasts of any kind. That date will most likely change. I don't see everything being broadcast in HD for a very, very long time. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)