D* HR20 vs. 622

If you live in a market with limited (or no) HD LIL support from your satellite provider, OTA may be your only option. There are two nights of the week where I'm recording two TV programs simultaneously and with the DISH Network receivers, you must subscribe to HD LIL to pull it off with a single receiver (assuming they offer HD LIL in your market).

Having a single OTA tuner is among the biggest weaknesses of the ViP receivers.

Of course, if you do have LIL, the ViP DVRs can record three locals at once, which I do at least once/week.

I do not have both. But have asked the question about additional drives on the HR20 and it is nothing like the 622. The 622 beats it when it comes to external drives and how the 622 works with it.

I personally think that both receivers are deficient in the fact that neither one can record upto 2 sat and 2 ota channels at the same time. Now which ever company comes up with that option , will have my business. Till then DISH wins as they can do 3 at the same time :1 ota & 2 sat . Add to that I sub to Houston hd locals and I can record upto 3 network shows at the same time in HD.

Having two 622s and one 722 plus external hard drive takes care of being able to record lots of shows in the same time slots. (I cannot receive OTA signals.) I am very pleased with the Dish DVRs, but more importantly, so is the wife!!!!!!

There would have to be a LOT more functionality for the extra $200 that it would require to go with D*. The fact that the 722 is 200 less for a customer, and functionally better is a no brainer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts